Moving On

peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

I am moving on. You can find me on Steve's site. www.cannondalecentral.com Look for any updates on projects i was posting on over there or my site www.glqra.com. (Tim no hard feelings toward you, if my sources find a solution to some of the problems like the flywheel, I will keep you in the loop)

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 5 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete, you keep defending ATK like it is an attack on you. It is not my intent to attack you. But at this point you need to drop the ATK advertising and get over it. There are legitement sponsers on this forum that pay to sell parts and service here. We can't have people telling new people to head to someone other than a sponser for parts and motor work. There are others like Steve, wistech, myself, azcannon, etc who have done alot of the site, tim, and the community so us discussing our work and R&D is allowed. I hope you have good luck with ATK but please don't push forwarding people to them on this site. All of the site sponsers have been burned by them as well as a number of people without money in the game.

Again, I have nothing against you...this is all about ATK. Sorry you take anything negative about ATK personally.

Alot like most of us take anything negative about dales personal. smile.gif

oh, and i didn't do anything to any of your posts with putting a comment in them. I moved a bunch of threads down to the other forum. Have you looked for it there?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

At least quote me in the message. That was my pm trying to explain that this wasn't about Pete..its was about ATK. Sorry you feel that way Pete. I don't quite get why you can't still post about fixes and info over here, that was never a problem. The only time arguements came up with you ATK was the central subject.

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

LOL, you really think I'm going to let you chase me away Happyboy???? Unfortunately for you I'll still be on here.

Too bad you can't see that any business made for ATK is business for the site sponsors down the road. As I said before. Any quads and bikes ATK sells are more quads and bikes out there for the sponsors to service down the road.

Maybe I should change my banners to Suzuki or something and tell everyone to go buy one of those? That has to definitely help the site sponsors out.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Pete has gotten his hands dirty doing lots of extra things that benefit all of us.I bet if he adds up labor and hrs/any profits he has made in promoting ATK it would be a very very very big Loss.And he makes a very good point.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Boohoo, poor me! Someone doesn't agree with me, so I'm going to run off and play somewhere else!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Just like you did Haydug tongue.gif

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Are you bipolar man? "I'm leaving....I'm not going anywhere." Make up your mind. And how did I try to run you off?

hehe, haydug.

Steve, come on...there is only 1 reason you aren't jumping on ATK now as well.

jwheat

#8 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (haydug @ Jul 6 2007, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boohoo, poor me! Someone doesn't agree with me, so I'm going to run off and play somewhere else!

ROFL Sounds alot like the Dembek scenario doesn't it?

I vote we tighten up the rules on all non-sponsored advertising.

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 6 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you bipolar man? "I'm leaving....I'm not going anywhere." Make up your mind. And how did I try to run you off?

hehe, haydug.

Steve, come on...there is only 1 reason you aren't jumping on ATK now as well.

Never been called bipolar before

Crazy, Extreme, Persistent.............I've been called those though tongue.gif

Most people probably would have left. Your rules are a little extreme and biases actually just because you don't like ATK. When ATVRiders.com was EXRiders.com, do you think they jumped all over anyone that mentioned Honda? By being so strict with the rules, you are actually limiting the growth of the site and also limiting future customers that will sign on here and see the forums for Brad, Tim, Dave and the rest. Hey, great idea, keep the community small for them.

So let me make sure I got the rules straight for future reference:
I can post updates
I can work on projects
I can't mention ATK even if they help with a project

LOL, Maybe you should do some sort of ban on ATK so it comes up as *** or something. But of course, make sure you let the Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and everything else show up yet.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jul 6 2007, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never been called bipolar before

Crazy, Extreme, Persistent.............I've been called those though tongue.gif

Most people probably would have left. Your rules are a little extreme and biases actually just because you don't like ATK. When ATVRiders.com was EXRiders.com, do you think they jumped all over anyone that mentioned Honda? By being so strict with the rules, you are actually limiting the growth of the site and also limiting future customers that will sign on here and see the forums for Brad, Tim, Dave and the rest. Hey, great idea, keep the community small for them.

So let me make sure I got the rules straight for future reference:
I can post updates
I can work on projects
I can't mention ATK even if they help with a project

LOL, Maybe you should do some sort of ban on ATK so it comes up as *** or something. But of course, make sure you let the Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and everything else show up yet.

You either don't read or you are ignoring the problem. You are not just mentioning ATK or what they are doing. You told someone to call them for motor work. You advertised for them. That is the problem. Its no different than if you were to put a post saying you are selling parts for everyone. Talking about what you are working on is great, thats different than selling.

How do you see restricting ATK's advertising on here is limiting the growth? How is ATK really affecting this community? Do you know how many bikes/quads they put out last year? If its motor work and parts we already have that covered. Routing parts purchases and motor work through them doesn't help Brad, Dave, Tim in any form or fashion. At least the other people on here that help people out still get parts from Brad and Dave. They are still getting something out of the work.

Your way is cutting them off 100% and that is why its not allowed.