How Long??

Lippy91

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

Hi Guys,
I finally got my Moto back after 5 1/2 months !! Well I feel like I just got taken for a ride..
I let an autherized ATK dealer work on it because I had just had a kid and did not have the time.
My questions would be :
How long does it take to put in a new aluminum valve cover & impeller?
What would be a fair price to change or reset the mapping??

This is what I asked from him..
1. Get it started, It would not start after sitting for a year, so he had to reset the Computer/mapping because there were faults.
2. I asked since he will be working on getting it started could he send the gas tank out to have the Timbo update with petcocks.
3.Velocity Stack
4. I snapped one of the small srews that is under the boot next to the wave rotor and asked him to replace it.
5. Change the coolant..I even gave him the Evens Coolant.
6. Check the seals & bearings

Here is what I got.....
1. He lost some of the gas tank bolts.
2. He lost / took my new neon blue gas cap hose
3. He lost or took my exhaust plug
4. The quad does start...but..
5. He replaced my Moto map with the Cannibal map
6. Replaced the Redline tranny oil that I had just put in with Mobil oil.
7. Did Not change the coolant..I even gave him a new bottle
8. Did not put in the velocity stack
9. Did not do the Timbo gas tank conversion...He replaced the fuel lines and put on new quick connects
10. Did not fix the broken screw
11. Did not check the seals & bearings
12. Took it out for a ride and then did not clean the air filter (No Plastic)

Had to vent

Thanks
-Rich

Blasterboy11

#2 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Well, not to rub anything in, but thats what you get for dealing with atk. Id definatly bring it back and b!tch about it and get your moneys worth.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Who was the dealer?Need to warn people about someone like that.Thats what a forum is for.Sounds like a real winner.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Um, if he changed the valve cover how did he not change the coolant...

I think your key phrase up there is "Authorized ATK Dealer". Wonder what that means exactly. Oh yeah.... dry.gif

To do what you asked would take a number of hours labor. He would really probobly drop the motor and that would take a good 3 hours. I think labor alone on your above work would prob run at least $200 maybe a bit more.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

If you sent him to Timbo looking for the tank setup you sent him barking up the wrong tree Boomer is doing that.

I see why you are not happy but there is a big difference in if he charged you just a couple of hundred or more like a thousand. I can see all you wanted done could have possibly ran up a tab of that much. That kind of time to have it done seems absurd but if you were not in a hurry and did not do any pushing until several months have passed then it would make more sense.

So more detail would be nice like what did he charge you for out of that and how much!
Just trying to understand..
Ray

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Blasterboy11 @ Jul 12 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, not to rub anything in, but thats what you get for dealing with atk. Id definatly bring it back and b!tch about it and get your moneys worth.

Blasterboy,

He said he took it to an authorized ATK dealer, not to ATK themselves. Why would ATK be at fault? Other than picking crappy dealers...(another story).

Lippy,

It is very simple, review the receipt and see if they charged you for what you asked for or for what they did (or didn't do). If they charged you for what you wanted, then go back and demand the work to be done or your money back on what wasn't done. Since Timbo (or Canniboomer) is not affiliated with ATK why would you ask an authorized ATK dealer to use them for work you want done? Remember you are talking two things here: you took it to an authorized ATK dealer because you must have thought that was what's best. You also asked them to use an outside vendor that is not in line with what ATK is doing. I can see why some of the requests were compromised to some extent. But any good dealer should do as you ask or explain what they think is better and why before the work is done or committed to being done.

There are unfortunately some crappy dealers out there irregardless of affiliation to an OEM company, and as Cannondale27 said the best way to correct that is to hold them accountable and let everyone else know about the unsatisfactory service you recieved from them.

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

^^^what he said^^^...where was this at?...and as far as the oil thing you got stuck because you have to drain the oil...imo...just so happened you just changed it...

Lippy91

#8 Post by Lippy91 »

Well.......
First ... He did not drop the engine, I asked. He said he was able to do it without dropping the engine.
Second ..He is not in love with ATK and said he has done some business with Timbomoose in the past. He said that he could do the same upgrade...It is not even close to Timbo's.
Third....I would have bitched and left it there for him to complete the job but it took him 5 1/2 months to fix it the first time. Who knows if I would have gotten back if I left it there any longer.

I kindly told him to check out this website for all upgrades.

You can lead the horse to water but you can't force him to drink it.

-Rich

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

After 5 1/2 months of it being there I too would have got it out of there and cut my losses.$200 seems to me to be a fair price for what he did do.But really it all means nothing without a name.