Stalling Questions

Lippy91

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

Hey Guys,
Well I finally got to take the 03' Moto out for a quick spin after bringing it to an "Authorized ATK Dealer"

After a few minutes of running it, not getting any further than 3rd gear... it stalls.
Not just going into a corner but wide open in 3rd gear.
She also backfires when I let off the gas.

Is it possible that she is over heating and wants to quit out?

Is it possible the clown that worked on it, did not map it right.?
He said he put in the stock Moto map...but it never stalled on me before.

Any advise, besides sell it for the new KTM.
I will not take it back to Bozo.

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Is this the same quad you got back from the "dealer" in July? Is the gas fresh? Is there gas in it? Are the battery cables tight? Check the easy stuff first. I would think putting in a stock moto map would be the last thing to worry about. Definately check the new quick connects and fuel lines he installed. Make sure fuel is flowing

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

And then e-bay it. Head to the nearest KTM dealer and pick up the newest greatest thing. Then, put his number on speed dial.

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Almost sounds like when he loaded the map he did not save your flowrate and offset and maybe loaded it with the ones in the map... Easy thing to do and easy to reverse. You are going to need your stock settings and if you dont have them somebody can look them up.
I would take it back and be firm but reasonable.
I know you have never made a small mistake at work but...
Ray

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

does it stall out if you let it idle?

Does it start right a way again?

Make sure your battery connections are tight, don't just wiggle them with your hand, check them with a wrench.

Check those pesky bullet connectors.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Lippy91 @ Sep 29 2007, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Guys,
Well I finally got to take the 03' Moto out for a quick spin after bringing it to an "Authorized ATK Dealer"

Oh that just sets it up for anything being wrong. ATK dealer means squat.

hmm...there are a few things that you can check but its best to know what exactly he did to it. Go ahead and fill us in if you have not yet.

Lippy91

#7 Post by Lippy91 »

It starts just fine....
It idles just fine.....
But it ran real rough today.
Hit the gas and it runs choppy until it stalls.

I will check all of my connections tomorrow night.

MyCannibal

#8 Post by MyCannibal »

how can you put a stock moto map in a ATK ecu?...thats my question...and once it is converted to an ATK you need the ATK software...correct?...I know this has been a hot topic of debate before...

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

From the way I understand it, Hex codes are not universal. However the maps are. Just a matter of changing the file extension. I know with the ECU Diag kit that is all you have to do to switch them around from what I've seen. I know it works for me.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a good piece of info for ATK owners to know.If thats case they can run any of the maps out there.