Glamis Pics

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

I know its a stretch, but if anyone has any of the pics from the Glamis trip we took 2 or 3 years ago, I would really like to have them. Nrath, I know you have some.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Jess,

I have a bunch but there is a problem uploading them....

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Uploading them to the site? jesshamner@ hotmail dot com

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

This is so sad... I almost e-mailed you about this a couple days ago.

I brought you 2 cd's with all of mine and Jay's pics to the group ride- there's got to be close to 200 of them easy. They were in the glove box all weekend! I remember thinking about it the minute I was locking up to go riding Friday evening. At that point, it was time to ride!!! Never thought of them again till I got home. Sorry about that!

I think I've got your addy in a pm. I'll get them in the mail on Monday.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

LMAO...you have to be kidding me. Well, you did better than I did because that never even crossed my mind when preparing for the trip. LOL. I'll go ahead and send you another PM with my address in there.

P.S. How's the elbow?

CannondaleRider

#6 Post by CannondaleRider »

I had a crapload of them at one time........but my computer went haywire, and I had to completely restore it.

Lost everything... dry.gif

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

The elbow is sucking. At the ER, I was told I had a chip and a fracture of the pointy bone (technical term) on the inside of the elbow. They casted it after 5 stitches in the cut. The Orth Surgeon took it out of the cast on Wednesday and said I needed to start moving it. Yeah, that felt real good. He said the fracture looked to him to be broken off. He said surgery wasn't practical though as it would destroy all the muscle and tendon connections on the inside of the elbow and that the muscles and tendons would keep the pieces in place and they couldn't go anywhere. Flexibility is definitely an issue. I can barely, and very slowly, get my right hand up to my left shoulder. And I can't straighten the elbow either. It seems the movement is getting a little better as the swelling in the elbow goes down. My wrist was sprained pretty bad and is just getting better, too. It's all happening too slowly though! I'll be back to see the ortho on Wednesady to pull the stitches. I'll be asking about rehab options, for sure.

I got the mud sprayed off the quad Saturday, hopefully it's only the obvious things that are damaged- although there were several of those! I looked it over and didn't see any hidden damaage, yet.

I went to replenish the first aid kit yesterday and realized I haven't seen it! I think it got left sitting on that black trailer.

Ahh well, back to work. And, at least I'm not still in the cast- that sucked!

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Wow, sounds worse than I thought. Are you able to work ok? As far as the first aid kit goes...I remember packing it back up. Lee and I were taking care of that but I'm not sure what happened to it. I think he might have been the one to zip it up at the end and I focused my attention elsewhere. The black trailer was Dunnbandit's trailer. You could send him a message and ask about it. I thought Lee was going to put it back in your truck though. Not sure. I'll ask Lee if he remembers anything.

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

Worse than I was hoping, too, that's for sure. Work- yeah it's not a problem. I spend 90% of my day in front of this 20" flat screen, so now that the cast is off, the keyboard and mouse are no problem. It's the little things that really suck- brushing your hair or teeth, putting on deodorant, putting food in your mouth, blah, blah, blah. Got to get used to using the other hand. Leave that one alone, guys! I was nursing it the first few days and now I'm trying to get it back into action and it's no fun- but getting better.

The pics got dropped at the post office this morning, so you should see them by the end of the week.

So, what's the scoop on the Razor? And, has Lee posted a review or anything on it anywhere?

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Well, there is no better way of learning to use the other hand than...brushing your teeth. LOL. I couldn't resist.

Lee took the RZR in the morning after we got back. They said that they actually didn't touch the air box. What a surprise right? But they agreed that he hadn't done anything to cause it to come off either so they had to contact Polaris about it. Lee told me last night that they should start tearing it down any time this week. What sucks is that they weren't going to give him a new motor but they were going to tear it down as far as it needed to go. I would probably have fought for a new motor but that's just me. They seemed like they were willing to help him out and were pretty understanding with the whole situation.

I'm not sure if he has posted any reviews of it anywhere. I think there is a ranger website with some good info though. You might search for that. We do have some helmet cam footage from when we were at H/M in August. I'll try to splice the RZR footage out and post it unless I find out where he has the already edited file. Its not a lot of camera time though.

I love that thing. I would really like to have one. That price tag is a little hard to swallow though and I have other priorties right now. I really need to get rid of the boat just to get on with some other things.

Thanks for sending those pics. I'm finally able to see the pic that Kdeal posted. LOL. I'm wearing the same hoody in every pic. That was pic of me after sleeping in the truck. That was comfortable. sad.gif