canniboomer frustration

cool_dude_dotcom

#1 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I have had my Cannibal at Dave's since August 4th or 7th I can't remember the exact date, but when I took it up there he said he would get to it in a few days, well that was more like a month. He said there were some other projects ahead of mine. It wasn't running when I brought it up there, so I told him to figure out what was wrong and put some of his updates on it. I wanted his Honda style a-arms, his open air intake, HMF exhaust, oil lines and fuel lines ect. Well come to find out I broke the piston right by the intake valve ???? That was October 15th. He thought maybe just maybe it would be ready for Thanksgiving and he even asked me to go riding with him at Florence. That didn't happen and he put some other stuff ahead of me from that ride. I talked to him three weeks ago and he said it should be done that next week, so I called again a week later, and what do ya know...something came up, hopefully next week. This is making me wonder what is up with this guy. I called him on the 4th and told him I wanted to ride this weekend but he didn't think the engine would be broke in by then and he would call when it was done and now a week later I havn't heard from him.

Is this typical of him or is it because I'm only 20? I can't believe it could take over four months to have work done on a quad. If I had the parts I could probably do all this in a week but I wanted him to remap it.

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

Can't say much but never had a problem w/boomer so not going to start anything. Best thing is to basically try and get down to the bottom of it outside the forum though.

We've all had quads down more than four months though so it's no new thing. When C'Dale first went under and mine blew up I waited from I believe like April till like October just b/c I couldn't get the internal parts I needed. And to get the big power you may wait months as well.

Sand_Blaster

#3 Post by Sand_Blaster »

He's a cool dude..very very busy. He's got like 8 other local quads to work on and so on etc etc.. smile.gif
Not to mention 30 Dales that he owns to keep track with. Hey when you get your quad back lets go riding?

J. Delaney

#4 Post by J. Delaney »

I think I've seen your quad at Dave's. If it's the one I'm thinking of it was quite the basket case. When you get it back EVERYTHING will be fixed correctly. I know for a fact that Dave wouldn't try to screw anyone. Somethimes it just takes time. So just chill and be cool. Dude.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I can't even see how he has time to work on a quad. Him working on it is doing you a favor even if you have to pay. Be patient and I bet you will be hugely rewarded. You are a lucky guy to get him to work on your machine.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Please give Dave a call and ask him directly when you can expect to pick it up. Let him know your frustraton without getting nasty and I think you will get a straight answer. Truth is, we all get busy and problems come up. I have a motor on the bench apart that I picked up at the Group Ride at the end of September. I had to wait for parts and machine work to be done. When I put it together I discovered another problem that caused me to rethink something and send the head back out to be checked. Remember this is just a motor, not a whole quad that needs other work done.

When a knowledgable builder rebuilds a Cannondale motor for the first time it is very time consuming. At least if you do it right. And everyone does not work on everything. A lot of people do not work on decomps for example (mostly because it's a pain in the butt!), others send their heads out for rebuilding, cranks rebuilt, etc.

Bottom line, call him and ask for a firm completion date.

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

I have been in Dave's shoes before on something like this and it sucks a lot more than just not being able to ride... You take in what looks like a quick easy job to help a guy out like loading a new map and you find out that the motor has internal issues and its one thing after another with it needs this and that and while you are at it this should be done and it goes on and on. It can be multiples of frustration above what you are experiencing with just not being able to ride! When up to your neck in something like that you have to let it sit for a while and cool off or get other things done. A lot of it might be that he had to wait for other suppliers also. I know that he had to wait on parts from Tim for a while.
When you are twenty something time drags on alot slower and the older you get the faster it goes.

Do us all a favor and dont be that kind of customer that makes a guy give up on helping people because it is just too much hassle to deal with the frustration of the machinery and an impatient customer. Dave is a good guy and he has always come thru for an overwhelmingly majority of his customers... in fact this is the first negative thing I have heard about him.

Ray

Nickc711

#8 Post by Nickc711 »

Yes I dealt with Dave several times and have no regets...just relax.....

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

Dave will never let you down, he is just busy.... The best thing I can tell you is that if you really want it done on your timetable, then grab the manual and rebuild it yourself to your specs on your time so that it will be done exactly how YOU plan it. That is the only way to keep yourself happy. Dave is a vendor and an inventor, so his job is to try and keep everyone happy so that he stays in business, and because he is just that kind of guy. Once again, Dave is not one to let anybody down.... Squeeky wheel gets the oil though.

J. Delaney

#10 Post by J. Delaney »

I think he already tried to rebuild it himself.