Helmets

Mjollnir

Helmets

#1 Post by Mjollnir »

Hey all,

Seems to me that helmets have gotten really cheap (inexpesive) since the last time I had to buy one. 10 years ago, it was tough to find one under $100 (not that I was looking). Now, I'm seeing $35 full face helmets in the rags. What gives? Is technology just advancing to the point where a quality helmet just costs less, or with the recent surge in the popularity of ATV's and motorcycles, is there just a bunch of cheap crap flooding the market?

With that said, what are the best helmets on the market now? Of course, not counting the Arais, Shoeis, etc. For $300 to $400, they better be the best! I've always worn Shoei on the street, and Bell on the dirt. I saw a really cool looking one the other day (Vegas I think? Never heard of it), but it was only $70, and I tend to believe that old Bell slogan about the $10 head. smile.gif

What about the O'neal, Fly, Fox, etc. helmets? 10-15 years ago, those companies just made pants and gloves and stuff.

Any input would be appreciated. Looking for info on other equipment too. Alpinestars still the best boots?

Thanks!
Marc