Sorry guys

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Happyboy I am sorry for making you have to delete all the junk I posted. I know you don't have time for that. But you took a stand on the issue right in public. I believed you and others didn't understand my point. The point I was trying to make was that what may seem like a innocent thing to one person may in fact be very offensive to another. My kids do look at the posts here while I am online. They do especially like looking at the Avatars people have. Also while I don't approve of everything ATK does I do know that many including Peterock and Travis and probably even FrankWhite do take very much pride in what they do do. Otherwise they would have bailed long ago. I would think that seeing a user name such as was used would be taken to heart or at least in my mind should be if you take pride in what you do. I posted those terribbly vulgar things to give everyone a feeling of what it must be like to be ATK and seeing that I knew they would be deleted right away and hopefully no innocent eyes saw them. I did not think I would get banned for 12hrs and did very much miss it since I do consider this place and all the people here as family or darn close to it. Sometimes that makes things harder and more personal to me. Hopefully no one including P.O.A. will not take it too personally and know that I am a overworked stressed out hothead Cannondale AND ATK addict that sometimes takes to much pride in things. Pride can be good but it also can be a sin. Hope you all can understand and let it go. It would be terrible to me if you can't.

Steve

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Steve,

I for one want to say thanks for manning up. What you and others didn't know was that stuff was being looked at behind the scenes. It is such a struggle trying to balance everything to fit individual tastes and cultures. Let's ALL OF US just forget about it and move on, instead of dwelling on a single situation.

PS: This board was just too darn quiet for half a day!

Ken

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I am all for that. Man my internet was down day before and then I was banned for 12hrs. Will have to really work at getting post count back up. Plan to take it out on the Sled tomorrow. See what I can break on it again laugh.gif

Sand_Blaster

#4 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Yeah it seems its been really slow for the past month or two. It seems alot of regulars have gone missing.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I was totally with you Steve, I just didn't approve of the way you handled it. I respect you for this thread though. Nice job.

As for the forums being quiet...I think its just that the support group days are gone now that you guys have solved all the problems. Everybody is out riding now. wink.gif So instead of talking about fixing stuff, we need to start talking about the next ride. So...when is the next ride? I guess we'll have one sometime in May at H/M.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I was with you Steve, fortunately I missed this terrible post you made. That s/n made me uncomfortable, and it was hard to address because as the posting continued it drew more and more attention to it. So it was a no win situation.

I thought about it and decided yesterday to PM Happyboy rather than post it publicly. I was a little late because it seemed that a bunch of post got deleted already.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Hey you guys missed the point on the quiet remark..... It was quiet because C27 was in time-out for 1/2 the day. Quiet is not always a good thing.... wacko.gif

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

No it wasn't but did give me time to cool down which is a good thing. Anyway its true. Most everyone here is so well versed in the drills for making these machines fun it's very rare there are different opinons on how to do it. Even rarer is there disagreement on solutions. That's a good thing but it makes for less drama and posting. I know for many of us what in past was a slower time of year with nothing to do but hibernate has just been crazy for work wise. Large areas of country have had the best winter in ages (if you like snow and ice) for snowmobiling and Iceriding and the warmer areas duning is in full swing. Plus everyone is getting ready for MX in spring. Add in our regular jobs which around here sure don't seem affected by any recession. (52hrs a week mandatory for me). It leaves little time for family or relaxing. Sleep suffers. You guys would not believe how many hrs I have into that 07 sled I have. It is so much fun and so easy to just fly though huge moguls and rough that it seems to be sacrificing itself for my comfort riding. I am not feeling a thing. Plush ride no bottoming but suspension is ripping sled apart every ride. Thankfully most all warantee work with updated parts going in. I do the work since winter would be over if I had to wait in line at dealer they are swamped also. Cannondale wasn't only ones to use public for testing believe me!

wayneschofield

#9 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (Sand_Blaster @ Feb 3 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it seems its been really slow for the past month or two. It seems alot of regulars have gone missing.

Not missing, just very busy. I only get to look in quick a couple of times a week and then not for long...

I am still on with things though, of course....

timbomoose

#10 Post by timbomoose »

I think the change of seasons (snow) slows down traffic. Quads parked and the sleds come out. Right Steve.