Z400 w/ cams vs my Dale..

Sandstorm

Z400 w/ cams vs my Dale..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Buddah put some cams in his wifes Z400. He has a pro flow kit w/ K&N w/ full LRD pipe. It lost all it's low end, but I was shocked when we did a second gear roll on through the gears in 5th gear at redline on pavement. It was DEAD even the whole way!!! I was running a 40 rear and he was running two bigger on rear making his Z400 42 rear. Same 13t on fronts. I could not pull away and the top speed was EXACTLY the SAME.:eek: :confused: :eek: We both run Z400 Dunlops on the rear. If he was running his stock gearing he would of took me on top end. If I had my 42 rear on I might have pulled away a little only to have the Z real me in..

danyeo

#2 Post by danyeo »

My friend has a full trinity system on his Z and it's pretty fast. According to a pipe shootout in DW that should make around 33HP if jetted right. We did a run through the first three gears and he was right there with me but the conditions were wet and slippery so i think my tires were spinning a little. I rode his quad and my stock Cannibal felt faster when i stretched it out in fourth, but still the Z with even just a Pipe, filter, and jetted is pretty fast.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Before I got my Cannibal and I had a KFX I never saw it reaching the Cannibal power. I've got a Trinity on it and nothing else for performance either. The KFX I had before had a Yoshi full pipe, opened airbox, removed snorkel, correct jetting, UNI filter, UM Cover Filter, 13/41 gearing, and a few more tricks and it's nowhere near as fast accelerating or top speed as the Cannibal. The power was nowhere close either. I don't see how it seems to be that close w/you guys.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Well though I'm not happy that a Z400 w/ cams, pipe , filter hung w/ my Dale, it is the truth. I know on a dead start the C-Dale's low and mid would get the jump to the first corner. Z's are nice machines. My wife rides one and I enjoy the zip it has. The suspenders suck, to soft, but it's still fun to ride.. She loves it waay better then her 400ex. She get's up all the dunes she tries. Only her nerve holds her back.

drbowtie

#5 Post by drbowtie »

I recently changed air filter... Spark plug... Filters and added some race fuel and I was simply amazed at how much additional power my speed produced... Just curious... How long has it been since you completely serviced that C-Dale of yours? They are very sensitive to restrictive air filters... I ride with multiple Z's and I got to tell ya that they are in the back of the bus... They don't even bother to run through gears next to me... But, then again... I maintain my speed meticulously!

danyeo

#6 Post by danyeo »

My Cannibal is totally stock, i always use a fresh air filter. My clutch is a little messed up though. When i rode with the friend on his Z it was a very wet nasty day but it was wet and nasty for both of us. I still think that a Z with a full pipe system and jetted right is pretty fast and will give a Raptor and a stock a Cannibal a run at least until they hit fourth. I am putting on the HMF slip on and Derno is going to hook me up with the Blaze traction map soon.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Now all we have to do is get together.

danyeo

#8 Post by danyeo »

I will be up at Jack Frost Sunday, what time are you going to get there? I will get you those #'s off my ECU hopefully by tomorrow.
I just finally got a Digital camera so I'll snap some off while your doing the H/S.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Race starts at 11:00 I think so I will be there hopefully no later than 10:00. I will bring my tools for the clutch.

jamiesel

#10 Post by jamiesel »

I own both bikes. When my cannondale is not tunes properly is it not too fast. WHen I have everything set up just right it is soooo much faster then my z400, the z is no longer fun to ride.