cdale investment

BSLEETER

#1 Post by BSLEETER »

im looking at maybe buying a rolling chasis for a cannondale and putting a different motor in it, is this something i might be able to make money off off if i do it right?

450blaze

#2 Post by 450blaze »

QUOTE (XxbjsleeterxX @ Mar 24 2008, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im looking at maybe buying a rolling chasis for a cannondale and putting a different motor in it, is this something i might be able to make money off off if i do it right?

anything with the name cannondale is hard to sell and usually not a good investment, but this is comming from a guy who bought a dale to trade for parts

Nickc711

#3 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (450blaze @ Mar 23 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anything with the name cannondale is hard to sell and usually not a good investment, but this is comming from a guy who bought a dale to trade for parts

You are not buying stocks here WTF laugh.gif ,you are buying a fricken quad to ride and enjoy, There was a rolling chassis over at cannondaler.com not sure it is still for sale though......

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

In the end none of the ATVs are a good "investment". They are there for your enjoyment. If they was a good investment all ATVs, Motorcycles, etc.. would hold there value. Just think of the guys that paid over 10k for some of these quads and now they are only worth around 3k. They are hobbies.

ozarkdaler

#5 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Mar 23 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are not buying stocks here WTF laugh.gif ,you are buying a fricken quad to ride and enjoy, There was a rolling chassis over at cannondaler.com not sure it is still for sale though......

The guy is wanting to know if he could make money off of a hybrid. That is why blaze said what he said.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Simple answer...No. It would be a fun project though.

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

Even if you got a great deal on any other make of motor, heck even if it was free you would be lucky to even make your money back. The experience you would gain and the lessons you would learn from the endeavor could be priceless for both the good and bad. It is your time and you are free to spend it as you like but to take it on for the hopes of making money is just one of the "all the wrong reasons".

Everyone here has stories from when they had alot more time than money and did things like that when they were young and would not listen to reason. Some were worth it but usually not for the reasons we thought were important at the time. How does that country song go.. "Cant tell me nuthing" there is a verse about how he bought a junk bike against his dads advise and spend all summer to get it going and then well you could call it a lesson in life.

So if you are that type of person that just goes and does things despite the naysayers go ahead and go for it. The world needs hard headed people like that and they are sometimes very sucessfull later in life. However alot end up giving up for one reason or another and that can take a toll on a persons self esteem and ability to follow thru with things later in life.
Remember that this country produces alot of top notch people but there are alot more quitters, loosers and people making bad decisions. The earlier in your life that you can decide which path to take the happier you will be in the long run.
You are never to young to start making good choices in life and you can get alot more good input than most people on this board could when they were young.

So what I am saying is do it if you want to but make a commitment to do it and do it well and most important finish it and you will come out better for it. Otherwise find something better to do with this abundant time you have because trust me it wont last forever. Nobody regrets learning as much as they can about everything they can because you can always use it. Be carefull about narrowing it down to much in just what you are interested in at the moment.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

Make money? NO!

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (XxbjsleeterxX @ Mar 23 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO

450blaze

#10 Post by 450blaze »

so i think the answer is GO FOR IT haha what happened to that yzf 426 dale