Crash !

cdale55

#1 Post by cdale55 »

Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone know that one of our fellow cannondale racers crashed this weekend. Mike ( darkknight } is having surgery on his wrist this morning and they are checking out his back. He is walking and is in good spirits when I talked to him last night . Thought I would put this up so we all could wish him well and a speedy recovery. Thanks !!
Neil

311racer

#2 Post by 311racer »

get well soon

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Good luck!

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

I hope all is good, get well quick!

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Any details as to what happened? At least is is up and walking around. Live to crash another day smile.gif Hope he recovers soon.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Well he started racing a Cannondale instead of his yfz so apparently he thougt 80 footers would be gravy . I think he stalled the quad at the line and tried to make up lost time doing the impossible. This is Iceracers original cannibal. The first dale to break 50hp with a toaster.
Hope the therapy goes well.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Hope you recover quick.

cdale55

#8 Post by cdale55 »

I talked to his girlfriend this afternoon as he was just getting out of surgery and she said it is the worst break you could have in the wrist. Not good ! Sounds like the back is just bruised so that is good. I will try and keep everyone posted. Hopefully he will be on soon to tell about it.

2mike18

#9 Post by 2mike18 »

I tried to start in 2nd and did stall. I managed to catch up only to over shoot a Berm. And in catching up again I nailed the first 80 footer no problem the second one I throttled too much and stood it up vertical and as much as I tried I couldn't get to the foot brake to bring the front end down. I compressed my spine a little but shattered one bone in my wrist and fractured another along with dislocating it all in the same wrist. The first surgery is done and I have another to look forward to in order to get my hand usable. I hope to ride and race soon. I still say ride hard go big or go home. Thanks for the support guys and the dale rocks!!!

Nickc711

#10 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (darkknight @ May 13 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to start in 2nd and did stall. I managed to catch up only to over shoot a Berm. And in catching up again I nailed the first 80 footer no problem the second one I throttled too much and stood it up vertical and as much as I tried I couldn't get to the foot brake to bring the front end down. I compressed my spine a little but shattered one bone in my wrist and fractured another along with dislocating it all in the same wrist. The first surgery is done and I have another to look forward to in order to get my hand usable. I hope to ride and race soon. I still say ride hard go big or go home. Thanks for the support guys and the dale rocks!!!

I fractured a vertebra about 1/2in... the pain went away totally in about 12 months..you will however know when snow is coming...note i used no pain killers