Oh boy a new toy

cobradaler

#11 Post by cobradaler »

i just traded the 250r for a street legal 2001 ktm 640 lc4 supermoto it is a blast on the street.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I would ride a Motard on a mild trail.Remember they are made for both as all tracks have dirt sections.I rode my brothers Motarded XR650 and it actually did pretty well in sand trails.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Going to pick it up tonight. I went to plate it at the dmv today. I have to send in the form with pics for proof that it is a street bike.LOL Since it doesnt come up in the database Im sure they will want it inspected before giving me a title. Now to give my sportbike buddies at the state patrol a call for the inspection. I am pretty sure Cannondale didnt put a fed inspection decal on this one .LOL

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Ugh find another DMV!If they inspect it it will pass but when they run the vin later it will come up as offroad.You should just be able to transfer title and get plates just like with any other vehicle you buy from out of state.Just paperwork and fees.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

OMG this thing is insane. It was delivered gassed up and ready to ride. tongue.gif I couldnt help but take it out for a rip. The stock exhaust will need some silencing work and duals look easily doable. All the signals and lights are there but no wiring or switches. All the instructions are in a foreign language as well. LOL Where the heck does the kick stand mount? I think its missing a plate or something. From what I can gather it was a janssen motorsports sponsored race bike and then sold to someone in oregon then washington. It doesnt have many miles on it but has been on the ground a few times. Hence the extra sets of new plastics. The tires are so wide they rub on the chain and forks . Sticks like glue to the road. Oh yes I am going to lose my liscense for sure.

Funny thing it has plates but the road equiptment was never installed and its all new in the bags yet.

cdale55

#16 Post by cdale55 »

You rode it and didn't come here ! Now I am pissed ! lol sounds like a great time ! V max vs cannondale I can see it now ! lol

fig

#17 Post by fig »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 4 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where the heck does the kick stand mount?

The kickstand goes behind the left foot peg. I don't think Cannondale ever put on on the "S" model. The factory kickstand is a POS! Polyesterpig converted a billet after market one for his bike, it looks nice! We use the ones from Utah Sport Cycles, Boomer may sell them.

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.ph...d8bcbb8af310941

Let us know how brutal it is with the 505

jinx44

#18 Post by jinx44 »

Did Cannondale ever build a true street legal dual sport? If so, what year/model?

What kind of fuel mileage are they getting on the street?

I have been kicking around the idea of getting another bike. I sold my CBR1000RR when my wife was pregnant, and don't want another sport bike. I have also thought about getting a dirtbike, and it makes sense to pick up a 'dale. If I can get one to do both jobs, that would be great.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

There are no Cannondales in the DMV database as I dont think any were ever street certified for the USA. In europe however they were. That is how I am getting the cannondale dual sport wiring harness kit. Unfortunatly all the instructions are in Italian for some of the parts Im usingLOL.
I am kinda wondering what I should do for an engine in this one. I can go stock with maybe a mc500 computer for reliabilty and compactness . I am not sure I want mega high speed capability as how are supermotards for stability above 100mph? Will I need a steering dampener? I doubt mine will see much dirt but you never know . has anyone ever had a 55+hp engine in a bike yet?
i still have not had a chance to rip it apart yet . I seem to just sit in the garage and stare at it . The parts are just a pretty as the quads and even more unique. I think its going in the living room for the buildup along side the drag quad. maybe I can get it to fit on the treadmill and watch utube riding vids till its street legal parts get here. laugh.gif

jinx44

#20 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 6 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe I can get it to fit on the treadmill and watch utube riding vids till its street legal parts get here. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Make sure to post a vid.