Oh boy a new toy

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Well I just got the call. My 2003 s440 has been shipped. I have no idea what to expect. After testing out a ktm450 motard I had to have one. This baby is bone stock with very little use. Boomer has given me some tips already. The engine has zero updates so a replacement is on the table already. I have an extra ported 505 head and some 98mm pistons so a 460 engine is doable. Maybe thats to much and a 432 would be more suitable. The motard gears are coming out to go in a quad. I will have to put all the street goodies on it as well. A trailtech speedo was donated by Tony Shilt for the project. I was looking up on youtube all the amazing feats these bikes are capable of. Ive had basic streetbikes forever but never a dirtbike . Oh boy I think I need to buy some more body armor. wacko.gif

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

It's amazing what riding a dirt bike on the street will cause a person to do! Kiss your drivers license goodbye!

Cbull1

#3 Post by Cbull1 »

haha i vouch for this one... its sooo **** easy to speed like a crazy mofo ona motorcycle of any kind....i constantly find myself at speeds of 75-80mph and lettin off really quick so i dont get another speeding ticket!!... and it doesnt even feel like ur goin that fast !!!... its crazy... but have fun, be careful and keep us posted!..

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Trouble for sure LOL

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

Go find a go kart track and sign up for a track day.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Sure I go out of town for a vacation and guess what showed up last night. A friend of mine called and said he will take good care of it till I get back. mad.gif He said it does look fricken awsome. I hope I survive the group ride to see it.

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

That is a sweet lookin' bike! Will you be able to get it street legal in WI?

I've gotta say though that after legalizing, the first thing it needs are some knobs on it! Nothing like spotting a trail while riding down the road and being able to hit it! I know you've got some serious dirt in your blood. I had a CBR for a few years- it get's boring. I've realized the only thing the asphalt is for is going from trail to trail!! That said, a dual sport still allows alot of fun on the street. Like Delaney and Omega said, speed limits make you feel like you're crawling on a bike, that's why the CBR had to go- Johnny Law takes the fun out of it.

I got home from work a couple days ago with mud up to my knees and I work inside- found a new trail along the way! I've had a blast on my dual sport. I rode JayBr's Husky 510 SM a while back- an awesome bike but you can't even get close to it's potential on the street. Maybe I'm getting too old....

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

You have a dual sport now? Post some pics Nrath!

ozarkdaler

#9 Post by ozarkdaler »

I wish I could find one around my area.

J. Delaney

#10 Post by J. Delaney »

The purpose of the motard is to tear up the twisties and annihilate sport bikes. I went for a ride up in the hills a couple of weeks back with some buddies who were riding sport bikes. I lost them after about 3 or 4 corners. They weren't squid, either!