40HP Speed

wyndzer

#1 Post by wyndzer »

Don't know, but that's what mine said when I got it in Feb.

wyndzer

#2 Post by wyndzer »

I have had no problems with my Speed and it is an '02 #90. Like I posted before, the two inside clutch plates were beginning to bend and were replaced for free, even after my warranty expired a few months ago. Keep in mind that this is a "wear item" and not usually covered under any warranty anyway. I have had no battery issues, no oil belching issues, no fouled spark plug ever. Anybody that has ever ridden with me knows that I don't baby it. The only problem I have had is that I rolled it going about 70mph and that was rider stupidity. Even with that it started right up afterwards. I hurt myself and my feelings worse than the bike.

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Every single quad and bike that comes out of the factory gets the dyno before it goes in the crate!!!

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Here is a pic of one!

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

All of our titles have it.

danyeo

#6 Post by danyeo »

My 02 Cannibal also says 40hp on the title. I thought Cannibals were around 36-38 and Speed around 40.

dawzie

#7 Post by dawzie »

Is that the true horse power ??

In that pic of the dyno, on the left wall, is that a folded up chair with a pillow duct taped to it ???

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Godspeed
Wyndzer, Did you happen to catch the post where 4punks said he had heard the there were some problems with the 02' Dales? I dont pay too much attention, but did I miss something? I dont recall you having anything but good things to say about your Speed. :confused:

I know this is an old thread............but I dont remember making any such comment freakystone. please refresh my memory.

drbowtie

#9 Post by drbowtie »

My factory certificate of origin has 40 hrs on it as well. Also states a shipping weight of 500lbs. Date of certificate is 11/25/02 and I have the updated stud kit from the factory along with the updated camshaft cover to reduce pitting. So if anyone is planning on buying one try to get one built after this date.

86atc250r

#10 Post by 86atc250r »

As far as I know, all MSO's for cannibals/speeds say 40hp - it's a generic figure for the govt.

Just like the MSO for my 400EX (and everyone else's) that says 32hp (if memory serves me correctly).

A buddy had his Cannibal (piped with MotoSpeed map) dyno'd at FSW - did 43.7 hp at the back tires.

Cannibal's and Speeds should put out basically the same HP. The engines are the same and the maps are identical (except for the rev limit - which shouldn't affect the outcome because even the Cannibal's rev-limit is well above peak power).