Hey guys.. been awhile

twisted

#1 Post by twisted »

Hey everyone, whats new?

Been awhile, havent been out much.. but I got the dale running the other day with a new battery, went for a rip and she hauled... But I came to start it the day after and the solenoid kept doing a clicking/buzzin sound, I tried to jump it with a screw driver and nothing happens.. I cant seem to get the solenoid of starter to wind the motor.. does anyone have extra solenoid or starter? thanks..

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

Before you start replacing those components make sure that your connections at the battery are good. I have seen similar problems with just clicking and it turned out to be loose connections.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Run a jumper wire from the ground on the battery or the place where it mounts on the fuel regulator and run it to the motor mount bolt and see if that fixes your problem. I have seen the rivnuts become ungrounded at that frame point under the fuel pump reg due to corrosion or a loose riv nut.

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

Also make sure your starter mounting bolts are not loose. LOL yep from experience.

twisted

#5 Post by twisted »

Alright guys... Something is messed up.. I installed new starter and solenoid direct from blackwidow, and Went to start it and I get that **** clicking solenoid (buzzing if you hold the starter button) Im completly stumped on this one, I looked at most of the wires and everything seems fine. I tried to get someone to bump start it, but when i drop it into gear the tires just lock up... and the starter does nothing.. I checked the oil filter to seee if maybe the motor is seized, but it seems clean like usual. Whats my problem here!??