Possible new Daler

Honda92

#61 Post by Honda92 »

well there were a number of people ice fishing today, i'm ready to go out. wistech get your studded tires on!

Honda92

#62 Post by Honda92 »

i had the chance to run on the oval with a 400ex this past weekend, lol i passed him in the straight like he was standing still. then the cdale decided to blow up as i was going to back to the ice shack. its looking like i'll be putting the 400ex back together so i can ride, the good old energizer bunny.. lol just keeps on goin.

2mike18

#63 Post by 2mike18 »

so what let go? dry.gif I know you must be in to the motor disassembly at the moment or very soon

Honda92

#64 Post by Honda92 »

QUOTE (darkknight @ Dec 8 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what let go? dry.gif I know you must be in to the motor disassembly at the moment or very soon

john thinks it might of dropped a valve. its still in the quad at the moment, pretty much just have to disconnect the injectors and a couple sensors and it's ready to drop out of the frame. kinda loosing motivation on the project at the moment. it was entertaining the first 100 hours i worked on it, now it is just getting old lol. they are saying 5-10 inches of snow overnight, its time to get the sled out and put some miles on. the dale can wait, it can hold the floor in place in the shed for a few months.

cannondale27

#65 Post by cannondale27 »

Sorry to hear that Tony.Let me know when you want to go Snowmobiling after the weekend when the trails open.Im game.Also sounds like UPSMAN and IceRacer are going to go iceracing this year.So we should get together a big group.400ex is fine for that anyway!

2mike18

#66 Post by 2mike18 »

its ironic I work on my wheelers to escape the ever growing money pit I call my 68 firebird so yeah I understand that the new and shiny feeling and excitement wears off around the 100 hour mark. well hope to see ya on the ice anyways just too bad you will be on ol reliable but thats why I keep my 06 yfz450 something as a back up in case my dales decide they dont want to play. lol

wistech

#67 Post by wistech »

Yah that sucks . Kind of a strange one. Not sure if a valve dropped or a seat maybe slid down. Kind weird how it still spins over nice. You spent a lot of time building that sweet chassis and then the engine at last shows what it can do then this happens . It will run again soon.

Honda92

#68 Post by Honda92 »

yeah it just seems to be the project with no end in sight. just got the engine out and dragged the roller to the shed. it looks like we are riding fri, sat, and sunday on the lake and river. still waiting on my spindles for the 400ex but lucky enough my cousin has his cr250 and ltr450 in town. the bike is a blast in the snow with studded tires!! i couldn't believe how well it went through the powder lol.