Health Insurance??!!!!

aroracer72

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

Hey guys,

Here's a question out of the ordinary....lol.....but does anyone know anything about this??......My dad had me dropped off of his health insurance when I turned 19.....and just befoire that I broke my lower right leg and I now am stuck with a rod and 3 screws in it. I'm trying to find health insurance that will help with the surgery to fix it...and I'm not looking to get health insurance...get it fixed....then drop it...I want the health insurance till I get a job someday that will have health benefits.

Anyone got any info or opinions???
Chad

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Jul 8 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

Heres a question out of the ordinary....lol.....but does anyone know anything about this??......my dad had me dropped off of his health insurance when i turned 19.....and just befoire that i broke my lower right leg and i now am stuck with a rod and 3 screws in it. Im trying to find health insurance that will help with the surgery to fix it...and im not looking to get health insurance...get it fixed....then drop it...i want the health insurance till i get a job someday that will have healkth benefits.

Anyone got any info or opinnions???
Chad

You can try BlueCross/BlueShield.

2mike18

#3 Post by 2mike18 »

Only problems I can see is insurance a person buys outside of an employer is usually expensive and and has a high deductible. Example, my deduct is $1500 my friend who bought insurance while in between jobs had $10,000 deduct. I guess something is better than nothing.

MyCannibal

#4 Post by MyCannibal »

If you were still on his insurance when it happened shouldn't that insurance cover most of it?

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

You would probably be further ahead to just take some college courses so you are back under his insurance. May be cheaper in the long run.

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

Not interested in college.....I'm going to New Horizons for a A+ certificate and N+ certificate...but have to pay all by myself and its $9000....soo that's not happening soon........
Chad

ozarkdaler

#7 Post by ozarkdaler »

No insurance will pay for a pre existing case sorry. They kind of frown on things like that.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Yep, there isn't one creditable insurance company that will pay for a pre-existing condition. You're going to have to pay out of pocket. That really sucks man. Insurance is a complete rip off in my eyes but what can you do?

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

F it I'll just leave it in and quit racing...cause it cost $25,000 but since I was insured then it cost me nothing....sure was nice. I think thats ridiculous how they won't.....and they want me to buy their insurance??.......Now will some buisness's have coverage for their workers and it would cover me if I got hired in?.......Get back on my dad's insurance but pay for it??....there gotta be a different way then $25,000.......even if I have to pay $400 a month and stay on for six months to get surgery....that's cheaper then 25g's......
Chad

ozarkdaler

#10 Post by ozarkdaler »

Possibly getting on your Dad's insurance if it is the same policy would help but, he cannot legally cover you unless you are in college. Sometimes an employer's insurance may cover part of it but it really depends on the company you are working for. I have seen some of my guy's get covered on a preexisiting case but it is a Fortune 500 company. Our side business insurer would not cover something like that. It all matters around volume of customers on an account and the company agreement. It may be a long shot but you can try and go to work for WalMart.