How many of you have the ProCal kit?

rayspeed

#11 Post by rayspeed »

There might be some people that dont know and it may help to explain... I know what dealer cal is and diagMain is and use caledit to edit maps and I may have it somewhere but I have to admit I am not exactly sure what procal is! I might even have it somewhere, I thought somebody posted it at some point as a zip file but I was not able to make it work... oh yeah I just looked and that was something called maptweak. I gather that it is a program that lets you edit maps easily?
If one had to buy it what would it cost to get it? If I already have it or if I could acquire it somehow I would be in for the $50.

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Yes it is Optimum's software that allows you to edit maps.

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

OK, here it goes. The regular D&M kit allows you to communicate & load maps to the ECU. The Dealer Cal is similar but allows you (as a Cannondale Dealer) to address all of the ECUs, where as the D&M only allows you to address those that are licensed to you. And lastly the ProCal is the software that came with the higher end kits that had more bells and whistles. Map select and rider trim being the most expensive. The ProCal software allows you to edit and load maps into an ECU (that you are licensed to use) up to three at a time (hence map select). There are less than 100 licensed users at the moment. Just having the software allows you to use it as a map editor only. You cannot load the maps into the ECU. You would have to use one of the other software packages to do that. The advantage to the ATK version is that there are some more tweaks and bells and whistles to use.

NotSoYoungAnymore

#14 Post by NotSoYoungAnymore »

SO, to clear up my confusion; an unlicensed ProCal can only edit maps. With an ECU licensed ProCal you can also download to the bike. The D&M only lets you download but not edit maps.
Is that correct?
So that means the ProCal has all/most of the functions of the D&M plus map editing?

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Yes that is correct. The ProCal has all of the functions of the D&M plus editing maps

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

ProCal also allows you to recieve a map from the ECU. Something a regular D&M can't do. So say if Timbo put a special tuned map in your ECU and you need to make some changes. If you don't have the special map saved on your PC you will have to start from scratch.

SlOoT

#17 Post by SlOoT »

When I buy this upgraded ProCal, will I be able to communicate on all cannondales, or do I need license codes for all the ECU's?

And how will this software be distributed, as a download or send on a disc?

wayneschofield

#18 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Oct 8 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I buy this upgraded ProCal, will I be able to communicate on all cannondales, or do I need license codes for all the ECU's?

And how will this software be distributed, as a download or send on a disc?

'DealerCal' is need to get comms with any ECU.

However, Optimum have always been good to me when adding machines to my software. Quick reply and no charge, although they do reserve the right to charge for additional ECUs. I think the agreement is that you get two free and pay for the rest, they just never have charged me any extra.

kdeal

#19 Post by kdeal »

The software will be on CD-ROM. Wayne is correct in his statement above.

SlOoT

#20 Post by SlOoT »

I have dealer cal and I really need it coz I work on a lot of different Cannondales, a lot for customers and people I run into at the track. And I use Maptweak to edit maps, works fine so far.

But when I take a Cannondale to the dyno, will the upgraded ProCal make it easier to edit/make a map then Maptweak?

Thanks