Evan's Coolant Dealer?

jinx44

#1 Post by jinx44 »

Is there any member here who is a dealer for Evan's Coolant?

The reason I am asking:

#1. I am needing some and can't find any locally.

#2. Since no one in my area is a dealer, I just talked to Evan's and sent a Dealer Inquiry. If I become a dealer, I will offer it on this forum but I don't want to cut anyones throat.

#3. Also, if I am a dealer, would anyone on here buy from me? Its going to take a nice chunk of change for an initial buy.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

I bought from Evans directly. It is sold under other names also... Can't remember the other name right now.

I would think you would get some business from our members.

moto440

#3 Post by moto440 »

I bought mine off of ebay not long ago.

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

I despise ebay these days. I don't have the dealer pricing info back yet, but surely I can save people a few bucks over ordering direct.

desertbound

#5 Post by desertbound »

That stuff is expensive. Especially when the coolant is $30 and the pre flush stuff they want you to use is also $30. I can get it locally at a hot rod shop for $30. So if you can beat that shipped, I'd buy from you. Or if you are close to that price.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

....you can just use Prestone No-Tox, or Sierra Coolant for the pre-flush, 100%, to help grab the last bit of water from your system. Those products are available anywhere for less than $10/gal, and compatible with the Evans NPG+. I usually stock the Evans, and sell mostly to local guys,...but I recently ran out. Still, I find it does not really pay to stock it, and ship it, unless I combine it with outgoing parts. Plenty of internet sites sell it for $32.50, but shipping on top of that can add $13 to $16/gal.
If you check with local performance shops that run dragsters or sand rails, etc., you might find it,....... not advertised, but still available here and there. A phone call can sometimes get you a gallon.

jinx44

#7 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Aug 15 2008, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you check with local performance shops that run dragsters or sand rails, etc., you might find it,....... not advertised, but still available here and there. A phone call can sometimes get you a gallon.

I have checked with all of the local shops around here. I am lucky enough to know all of the drag, dirt, and road race shops in the area on name basis, as well as a couple hot rod/restoration shops. None of them have even heard of Evan's. lol

Easy E

#8 Post by Easy E »

Also check out Zip-Ty Racing XF+ Waterless Race Coolant. Should be available at your local bike shop.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/produc...spx?id=MTMwNg==

jinx44

#9 Post by jinx44 »

The closest thing I can find locally are the de-ionized coolants such as Engine Ice, Maxima, and some orange stuff like EI.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

ZIP TY! That's the name. They are rebranded Evans. The Yami/Honda shops can get that, probably a WPS or Tucker Rocky item.