I'm finally gonna get a job, need some tips.

Dale512

I'm finally gonna get a job, need some tips.

#1 Post by Dale512 »

Alright I'm putting in a few applications this week and I havent had a job before so I dont know who too put down as my Reference's. Any tips? I was thinking maybe my teachers or something, seeing as how they cannot be related too me.

CowsBitePeople

#2 Post by CowsBitePeople »

U can use your friends....I dont think they will call them....Thats what i do and my friends do im usually a reference formy friends and they never called me ....

CowsBitePeople

#3 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Oh and good luck smile.gif

Ryanstones

don't do it!!!!

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

You've made it this far without a job, don't start now 'cause you'll never be free again. Avoid the job at all costs, for as long as possible. Make a deal with the folks, whatever it takes.
You'll thank me later!

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Ryanstones gave some really good advice!Make your job to find a rich woman to support your hobbies.If that fails and you have to find a job it doesnt hurt to embellish a little.Take a look at tasks you have done in the past maybe on your computer,quads,cars,lawn jobs then research the field you want to go in and go for that job.Webdesign,Small engine,Auto mechanic,Landscaping.As long as you are willing to learn fast claim that you have done the things at home for years.No employer expects 100% right away and all do things differently they love a employee who is eager to learn and as long as you keep learning and getting along with everyone even if it means sucking up a bit.After all the goal in this game is to make the most money possible.That way you can afford more free time to do what you really want to do.

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

Ryan, Where where you 20 years ago when I needed that advice?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

jayBR i was Working 40 hours a week at long john silvers, when i shoulda been concentrating on getting the scholarship i needed! (yea like Br works, lololol) wink.gif

27!! rich woman!!! LMAO

Actually, my current plan involves the wife going back to teaching next fall while I go off for 6 months intensive training and 6 months racing. NO Chit! and she's on board! biggrin.gif

CowsBitePeople

#8 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Im 15 and i work 2 jobs one full time the other after that :mad: No time to ride anymore sad.gif

muff

#9 Post by muff »

I'm actually going to apply for a job today at a hardware store, I'll prolly either be a cashier or stock shelves, for my references I've used teachers and coaches. Also make sure you come up with some reasons why you want to work there. Last time i went to a supermarket and the application asked why I wanted to work there and I was pretty much stumped...lol

jcv440

#10 Post by jcv440 »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
Actually, my current plan involves the wife going back to teaching next fall while I go off for 6 months intensive training and 6 months racing. NO Chit! and she's on board! biggrin.gif

:mad: WHat?!?!? What's your number, I gotta have a talkin with this woman of yours!?!biggrin.gif