rode a yzf 450

Ryanstones

#1 Post by Ryanstones »

cool trout, Any luck on the job hunt? I've got a friend out there worked for worldcom, he's still Unemployed. Didn't you say you were in telecom? Good luck, i'd hate to see you sell your Cannon.

jamiesel

#2 Post by jamiesel »

I rode one today myself for a while. They are not even close to a cannibal but are much quieter so it will be interesting to see how it works with the cork removed. Also it hit the rev limit wawyyyy to soon. They are going to need a rev unlimeter. Unacceptable for a race quad. No excuse for this.

danyeo

#3 Post by danyeo »

Kory Ellis gave a review on one and he said he was very dissapointed in the power in stock form but said all it needs is a pipe and air box tweaking then it absolutly rips.

cannonball

#4 Post by cannonball »

Yamaha would like to give a big welcome to their new salesman - Kory Ellis. --lol. I try not to take the word of (paid) pro riders in consideration. That is the whole problem of all the dirt-worm mags and sponsered web sites. These guys say what they are paid to say.

just my .02

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Did you guys notice the duct tape (scoop) for the radiator on his?

justfine

anything is possible.......

#6 Post by justfine »

It could be suprisingly good, but I doubt that it is anywhere near as good as the Cannibal. From what I can see I just can't see it being as good of a racer. I also think it appears to be over priced, and not race ready. Bunk tires, weak pipe, not wide enough for me either. Who knows, it might be good. ****, I still have not rode a Z400........

jamiesel

#7 Post by jamiesel »

another thing I noticed. The yammies get HOT! That pipe is really close to the left leg and wowie, you have to wear asbestos tape on your left leg in the slow sections. It will be interesting to see if it becomes a problem. I can't imagin Yamaha not having nailed this as most people know how hard it was for custom 426's to stay cool enough.

Psychosis

Re: anything is possible.......

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by justfine
It could be suprisingly good, but I doubt that it is anywhere near as good as the Cannibal.  From what I can see I just can't see it being as good of a racer.  I also think it appears to be over priced, and not race ready.  Bunk tires, weak pipe, not wide enough for me either.  Who knows, it might be good.  ****, I still have not rode a Z400........

I have to agree there. I tried pointing that out on another forum and everybody went crazy saying it was race ready and everything. And you're not missing anything by not riding a Z400. Compared to my Cannibal, the KFX I had was ****.

justfine

Don't believe the hype.....

#9 Post by justfine »

Whenever a new quad comes out they hype it up in the magazines and in advertisements. Most do not live up to the billing they give them though......

Psychosis

Re: Don't believe the hype.....

#10 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by justfine
Whenever a new quad comes out they hype it up in the magazines and in advertisements.  Most do not live up to the billing they give them though......

Completely agree again. Do you remember the Z when it came out? The cover of every mag for months and everyone went and bought it including myself, well, KFX. After about a month I decided it wasn't worth it and put it up for sale. About 2 months later I searched for a Dale and awhile later, I finally got one and will never go back to another quad except my workhorse, the Foreman which I use for work a lot. There's just no real comparison to other sport quads. I'll either ride it until it can't go anymore or most likely, I can't. I've already got bad knees from previous events in my life and have actually been advised not to race, but who cares? biggrin.gif What do doctors know anyway? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif