Cannondale vs. Suzuki LTR

CdalerGermany

#1 Post by CdalerGermany »

Hey Guys ,

was wondering how a Cannondale would compete against a Suzuki LTR ??
Has anyone done a dragrace with a LTR ?

I don????t have any LTR????s close to my place . But a guy that i now from the internet is living 300 km away and we plan to meet up to check this out .
Thought it would be cool to know a little bit bevore i race him wink.gif

Maybe there are some vids around from drag races ?? The only vid i found was the one here on the site .
Would love to see other video????s with dale????s , but can????t find any on the internet ( just 5 or so on youtube)

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

If they are both stock machines, I think you will be fine. If the ltr has the cherry bomb, you might be in trouble.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I never raced stock for stock.Do some porting on Dale and its bye bye especially once you hit fifth.Always the exception to the rule though.The LTR's are catching up very quick to our power but dont have quite the reliability we have at that level yet.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Stock for stock there is no contest. The Cannondale eats the LTR alive, especially in a short drag race. Now if you add the cherry bomb and a pipe its pretty close.

I actually witnessed a 426ex with +1 1/4 swinger beat a stock LTR all the way through 5 gears on a long straight road. There was no contest there either. It was pretty sad.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

The thing about the ltr is that it is good at getting the power to the ground. Its just easier power to handle, to me anyway, and that helps getting traction and getting going off the line.

mydreamride

#6 Post by mydreamride »

I rode my dads freinds 07 ltr with the baffle out, no lid and cherrybomb and it was very deceiving. It feels slow but compared to my YFZ it could stay even with me out of a corner up until 4th gear then see ya granted my 06 yfz with equal mods had a one tooth taller sprocket and the ltr was geared stock. Could be a differnt story if my yfz had stock gearing. But compared to my dads ATK it's probably just as fast out of the hole as the ltr but the ATK definatley does have the top end advantage with the open intake, very mild porting, pump gas CP, and HMF exhaust with 03 header.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I think LTR's are geared real low and must have a bigger 5th gear jump than ours does without supermotard.It really hurts them if they need to use fifth unless very well modded.

CdalerGermany

#8 Post by CdalerGermany »

OK , i better start looking around for a port job laugh.gif
I took my mouth very full when chatting on skype with this guy . But it????s always funny , as he????s telling me " sell your cdale and buy a real ATV" .
So we both looking forward to check this out .
His LTR is almost stock except his cherry bomb and i????m not sure but i believe he got a aftermarket pipe as well .

Will do some modifications to show this guy "REAL american power" wink.gif

thanks,
Marcus

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Nov 22 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing about the ltr is that it is good at getting the power to the ground. Its just easier power to handle, to me anyway, and that helps getting traction and getting going off the line.

If your quad hooks up good out of the hole, it makes the riders job a lot easyer. at the 07 spring ride my Speed with the only mod being a HMF was giving everybody a hard time. (I think Kdeal even made a statement that I might have been holding back on admitting how much my quad was modded) The best I could say is the tracktion was not real good and the lower HP and luckily haveing the right tire pressure was my advatage.

At silver lake My sons moto was eating me up out of the hole, until my makeshift spark arrestor fell off and I had to go back to the stock can. and I still haven't figured that one out yet

Another thing is that skill has a bigger part in dragracing than most people beleive. IMHO i would say that the Holeshot takes the most skill but shifting within your powerband is very important aslo. Another great skill is being able to tune out your competitor. from sikeing you out to things as little as having a louder exhaust.

I've said it before, Dragracing is not a way of determining which quad, motorcycle, car or truck is better faster or even have the most HP. And switching drivers dosen't help determin it any better. But it is fun and even more fun and fun for a longer time if you are the one Winning. So give the rider some (the most) credit.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Rider error can be eliminated if you do rollons from second gear on a blactop road to eliminate traction factor and then dont say anything just turn around and do it over again 2 or 3 times.The results will be as accurate as any dyno maybe even better.3hp diff is easily seen.