I've just been raped!!!!!!!

desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Just paid to register my glamis. $312. Thats not a typo. Three hundred and twelve dollars!!!!!! Since the original owner moved to Oregon after originally registering it here in california, I not only had to pay back registration, but that asshats penalties.

So I went there planning on $100 at the most after taxes for my purchase, and instead I took it up the rear with no lube! I swear if one thing goes wrong this weekend with this quad I'm gonna set it on fire and watch it burn. Thats pretty much what I'm doing with my very hard earned money anyways.

Have a happy effing thanksgiving, I know mine hasn't started off real well.

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

$312, that is just insane.

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

That is more than my motorhome, truck, and my wifes car combined. Registration on all of my other toys is $25. I guess thats what it will be from here on, but I'm pissed because I have to pay the previous owners fines. How is that right?? The stupid DMV lady just smiled and said, "You can pay it or not get your sticker." Unfortunately I needed my sticker. BLM is now impounding quads and buggies without green stickers.

It's just been one thing after another. Everytime I look at my cannondale I just see a big burning dollar sign. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

Ouch, thats almost the price for a new machinces sales tax and registration in WI. But that's not fair that you are paying someones penalties for something you had nothing to do with, he should have payed for it before the sale or took it off the price when you bought your glamis seeing that it had to be paid. Does the green sticker only apply to CA residents or will we need to get them for when we get there to ride? Hopefully everything will work out for you this weekend, I know how you feel because I've been there too many times (reason for purchasing the YFZ). Don't take it that Im staying all dales have problems but mine had some strange issues that weren't fun to deal with.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

So how is it the quads fault?You do realize you have a motor that puts out close to 60hp?I think you got a heck of a deal for that kind of power.As for the registration that sucks.Why is it almost everything is more $ in California?

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

I never heard of having to pay the other person's fees. In Missouri I believe they just tack it on to another item they have if they have sold the one they owe the fees on. Of course we are not as strict here as they are out west.

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

That is pre California, and one of the many reasons we left for Boise. I registered a quad the other day in Boise that had never been paid for before, and it was only like $16... California always makes you pay back fees, yet the state is always broke.

It's not the quad, but the stupid state. Just move man, there are bigger dunes in tons of other states. I never plan on taking a dune trip there again, because the dunes aren't good enough anyway.... Just my humble opinion. That state is stupid.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

Yeah, it's not the quads fault, but I understand the anger. Cali. Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer. What more do you need to know?

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

It is hard to believe a place with so much eyecandy can be such a pain.Liscense plates should say Look around be happy!

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

Would it be possible for the US to give California to Mexico? Because I would be in favor of that. Yes I would.