This cracks me up!!! A post from atvriders

jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

tr311

Ive heard the front runner hondas like Byrd have around 65whp. i dont doubt it. I run a dyno and ive had numerous 450s on it that produce 60whp

for instance
08 ltr
cp 13.75 piston
venom port
web stg2 cams
yosh shelf pipe
fuel intake
pim
Tuned by me it made 60whp 36ftlbs.
With just yosh, fuel intake and pim it made 50whp. So 10whp gain with all shelf parts. Tell me that national racers dont have motors with more hp than that. One off heads, one off exhaust systems, custom everything. This was still on stock valves too.

Another bike I did was a 07 honda
13.5 cp piston
43mm carb
local head port
06 hrc cam
ron woods pipe
fci intake
this bike did 59whp 35ftlbs. with all shelf parts. Stock valves and mild porting.

Another was a 07 yami
had 13.1 cp piston
+1 valves
web 2 cams
local head porting
fci intake
dasa pipe
43mm carb
cdi box of some sort
61whp 36fltbs. All shelf parts This bike rips. though nothing special here. All parts bought over phone.

Those factory national motors are doing big numbers with massive power curves. Dasa motors are putting out big numbers and if pro-tec is doing more the motors gotta be in the mid 60s.

55whp setups will get straight owned in the pro class. I can get that outa an ltr with just some bolt ons, piston and cam.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I think those numbers are close.Maybe a few hp high but close.Thats our competition.Why do you think I like power?

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Pretty close. We have seen the LTRs on the dyno too... The only difference is that they require more money to make more horsepower. Pretty much for $1000-$1500 we can get 60hp easy.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

yes i know the power is achievable but 55 with a cam and piston and pipe give me a break.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

I don't know.... the other night we dyno'd a Moto, stock, with the FMF ti and a Boomer airbox. Hit 47hp. (very cold night, optimal conditions)

Right after that they dyno'd an LTR with a 2008 stock pipe, cam, and that was it. 49hp, and a more linear power curve than the Dale motors.... Not bad really.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

you can make a dyno show anything. They are very unreliable and are only good when tuning and making mods. A single run number means squat if you can't run a baseline.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I wholeheartedly disagree.I have found just the opposite.Numbers dont lie and when lined up side by side with the machines the numbers match the results more often than not.A whole lot of people agree also.

Jacob all those were ported.Local doesnt mean anything.Brady is local to Timbo and he has 65hp.I have also seen many LTR's,YFZ's and Hondas get very close to 50hp with just a pipe,Lid off and Cherry bomb or HRC Kit.Porting takes care of rest.55-56hp is more believable but add MR9 or some other exotic fuel of which many are AMA legal and its easy to see 60 out of them.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

I just gave a baseline, the Moto made 47 with an air filter. We only typically see 45 with that mod and a stock engine, but this was a good night, and maybe the timing was spot on.... Nothing wrong with 49hp from just a cam and a STOCK exhaust.....

By the way, this is the same dyno we have always gone to, and ourr numbers always match up with similar machines from Wistech, 27, and Timbo...

For some reason a lot of folks on this forum think Dales are tthe only thing making hp out there. LTRs have been out a while now, KTM is on the scene, face it guys, our numbers will be low in another year or two. It is still cheaper to pump Dales up, because of the outstanding vendors we have.

You gotta hand it to the other guys, they are making power, and winning in every series. The reign of the Dale may be nearing an end.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

No not yet.So far at above 55hp which in my view is still very exotic power our motors actually seem to have LESS issues laugh.gif

Its pretty much rule 65-70hp is all a YFZ case can take.Get maybe 1 half dozen runs then boom!Suzuki and Honda its tranny gears.All these are very high compression also.Stuff just doesnt live long like that unless it just Big Originally like a DS650 or Raptor.Costs more to maintain than to build.Lot of work also.These guys with all that power deserve credit they work alot for it.If just going out and buying a motor it wont last long.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

Most of your A class riders at the MX nationals have around 60hp 450's. And yes, they are very high maintenance. Think about most of the pro bikes. They are built for one race and have the top industry people tweeking their quad for every little bit.