Project Hovercraft

thedeatons

#11 Post by thedeatons »

So don't hit a seal?

Honda92

#12 Post by Honda92 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jan 7 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So don't hit a seal?

lol seals might be doable, i don't think they would crack the hull like a rock lol.

Honda92

#13 Post by Honda92 »

well i took it on the maiden voyage down the road through the park and onto the lake. it is pretty cool hovering down the road past people walking with their kids lol. it works pretty good even with the little underpowered 277 engine. i don't know how much faster i would want to go though, i found out when your tapped out stopping is a pretty big issue and it takes a long time to finally slow down. i think wistech might have a couple pics on his phone, i'll see if i can get him to post them up

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Get yourself a big Sea Anchor the kind that folds and sharpen it up.Throw it out for a brake!

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Here's this weekends pics . We rode a little yesterday and really put some miles on today . The suzuki had a little carb trouble and the trails were alittle loose the first day but we ended up having a great ride. Tony tagged a tree the first day ,I had a stick poke a hole in one of my prowedges tires,and chucky flipped his sunday but just minor stuff with nobody hurt. We counted roughly twice as many quads on the trails today as sleds. Everybody wants to take the hovercraft for a spin it seems. We need to set up a ride soon. I got Karen a helmet now so she is ready to rock as well. The little engine that could turns out to be sweet for trail riding especially the really high speed stuff. Then hang on.