Worcs Riders?

jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

I know there is a few dalers that race the worcs series is your suspension setup just a mx setup and you use the taller xc style tires or is it more of a specfic type setup??

ljdbn

#2 Post by ljdbn »

I don't race worcs but I have a few XC races under my belt, and I run 20" rear 6-ply razors on the back, and 21" razor2's on the front. suspension is whatever you prefer, I like soft (old guy LOL). gearing is where it gets tougher, I run 14-38 ( stock is 13-42 ), but I have alot of motor work. my quad will pull any hill I've come up to in 3rd gear. I like the taller gears because it seems so much smoother, very predictable. My stocker is tough to hang onto in the woods if you are an aggressive rider, one thing that I have found out is lower bars help the front down as it forces the rider forward a little and it really helps, me anyways.
If you are gonna race worcs, best of luck, and be prepaired, you will have the fastest quad there.

Jim

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

atvscene just had coverage of the first round. Looks like it's a mix as far as tire selection went. The track description was a well done MX section, off road desert trails, and wide open flat track sections. With a couple logs and big tires thrown in. So tire selection is going to come down to your strengths and if you think you need the taller tires for clearance, or lower profile for high speed cornering.

Suspension set-up, probably want to be wide and long travel. Don't need the narrow XC set-up for tight sections as it doesn't sound like there are tight sections.

Take a look at the report and pictures on ATVScene and it should help give you an idea.
http://www.atvscene.com/racereports09/worc..._world_091.html

NotSoYoungAnymore

#4 Post by NotSoYoungAnymore »

I know some WORCS racers. All run mx suspensions with 20" rears and 21" fronts. Never heard of any width issues. The trail sections are usually plenty wide enough for a standard mx width 49-50".
Note that they will be enforcing sound rules this year. Pros are supposed to be at 96 dB and Ams at 98 dB.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

I am an avid xc racer and I race the a or pro-am class and i now have a mx bike with a 460 motor ported head houser long travel, i will be racing some local races and the moquad series I just seen the worcs races and wondered what setup they ran. I will be racing the mo oxc series, the iowa series and the moquad mx series and want to hit earlywines later in the fall.

ppogue

#6 Post by ppogue »

I have been racing WORCs for four years now and the first year I actually did all the races, "argh. lots of driving".... But I digress... Here is what I run, MX long travel suspension set up, 50 inch in the front, and I normally have the back around 48, just to make it easier to clear some trees.. For tires, I use the standard 20 inch razr rears and 21s up front. BUT, up here in WA, when it rains big, I pull out the secret weapons which are the 22 inch razr rear and 23 inch fronts. Yep, AWESOME in the deep mud and worth their weight in gold! I also use flexbars, stabilizer, and the usual stuff, I also use a Hi-Flite seat, but am getting pretty old now and need all the help I can get. I plan on just running the WA. races this year, so when you see #909, stop by and say hi. Oh, and don't get scared if their is a YFZ450 right next to it, I just use that pile for practice......

Have fun and enjoy, its a great series and they do an awesome job.
Paul

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Awesome report Paul. Thanks tongue.gif

We are all getting a little old...... blink.gif

ACEwrench

#8 Post by ACEwrench »

It depends on the round mostly...

Pheonix- a mix but a MX set up would be better
Adelanto - the same but the sand woops will kill you.
Havasu- rocky, rutted, wooped out and like 3 jumps so softer setup
Rounds 4-7 I havent been to but I saw that a couple rounds up North are similar to GNCCs
Mesquite- mainly a MX track but the off-track section is ROUGH.

CannondaleRider

#9 Post by CannondaleRider »

PAUL!! Long time, no talk/see. Lookin forward to seein you at the WA rounds!

As for the setup, like mentioned, most everyone runs a 20" rear tire, and a 22" front tire. 22"/23" in the nasty ****.

Suspension setup really varies, because track setup really varies. Some tracks, a stiff MX setup will be better...some tracks, a soft desert setup is much better. Also depends a lot on personal preference.

....I'm nearly alone in the series, with the exception of Ppogue, and a few other teammates when they come out. Get out here and race the WORCS series dang it!! lol.

ppogue

#10 Post by ppogue »

Hey Chance, **** work keeps the forum surfing to a minimum...... But I look forward to seeing you up at the WA. races. Pretty sure I have a shot at putting the Cdale in the top spot for the +40 class! WHOO HOO! Only plus side to turning 40 is that I will be the young guy in that class......