My Cannondale Story

Z4J

#1 Post by Z4J »

Newbie. Raced Z's and YFZ's (06 open class state cha.). Proud new father who retired from racing only to restore a 400EX as a winter project with a good freind. I was looking for parts when I found the 440. Love the bike and technology but also have a lot to learn. Dave....you've been more then good with my questions and comments...thank you.
If Detroit keeps my paycheck going (which will be interesting!), then I"ll report back on the progress... :-) Where we are today-

Z4J

#2 Post by Z4J »

Ps. Interested in returning this ole girl to somewhat stock to race D-14 scrambles. If you're interested in the HMF or the Elkas with Gibson A's, let me know. PM me if you want to make an offer or stock trades plus offer. Thanks and have a good day.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Welcome.That Honda is super clean,great job!You might consider dopping that stock airbox for a pod filter set-up with a mud flap,a couple cheap h.p.Good luck with your build.

Z4J

#4 Post by Z4J »

Thanks for the kind words on the EX. The project went well and we had a good time with it. A lot of great support from old friends (sponsors). Just need to add bars and Rox and we????????re done.
It????????s a budget racer for the MI race scene to prove you don????????t have to pay big $$$ to have a good time and still be competitive (at least in the woods). We????????ll see if I can keep up with the big dogs???????. I have a post on the build that????????ll I????????ll slim down if anyone is interested. We started by picking the bike up for $500.
As for the 440, I have Dave set up with phase purchases starting with ele. and misc. Next up is the engine, but I want to take a break (from the EX build) so I don????????t get burnt out. Plus this is a totally different monster so I need to switch gears and nail down the research before I jump in too deep.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Nice to hear theres another Daler in MI.

Z4J

#6 Post by Z4J »

Yes. Just north of Detroit. Also have a friend in MI who still actively races one. I believe he's a member of this site also.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm north of detroit also. Marine city actually.
My son was the first to race a full season in D-14 (MX) on a dale. Andrew Smith who was the pionts keeper for D-14ATV had a cannible but ran his EX mostly.

Z4J

#8 Post by Z4J »

I'm in Lake Orion. Actually used to live in Algonac. Andrew helped on the 400EX project. Good guy.

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

last time I talked to Andrew he was on a YFZ and the honda450r wasn't out yet. He did have a good running EX before the YFZ though

Z4J

#10 Post by Z4J »

Just talked with Andrew today on a few things and also brought this up. Your name wouldn????????t happen to be Harold would it? smile.gif