3 days of riding Dale vs YFZ450...

Sandstorm

3 days of riding Dale vs YFZ450...

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Well my brother got his new Yammy. We went to Saint Anthonys Idaho and ran the massive dunes for three days.. The YFZ beats my Dale period no and if's or but's.. My brother weighs 25lbs more then me and I never beat him once in any hillshoot or straightline attempt. The things just pulls and pulls and revs faster then a Dale.. I got my first ride on it and 20 seconds later a guys on a piped Banshee comes over to me and says I want to race YOU!!! I say okay. We're at Thunder Mtn. It's the main drag racing hill other then Choke Cherry Hill. My 20 seconds of saddle time and we hammer it and I take him off the line by a half length and it stays that way all the way to the top.. I weigh 180 and this kid weighed about 145. Him and his friends shiat their pants. They thought it was a Raptor. They never even heard of the YFZ450.. My brother was spanking EVERYTHING all weekend, me, Predators, piped Raptors, piped Ds's,and many piped Banshees.. I was friggin amazed at this machine. All he has done is the pea shooter out and lid off. He loves everything about it. He let many people ride it and not one person could believe the power!!! So beware of the new Yammy. It's all true and then some of what you've heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: He did lose a couple of races to Raptors w/ motor work and cams. Some guys wouldn't tell us what they had done. He ran neck and neck w/ one Raptor on the flats w/ cams and a piston. He wouldn't tell us what else he had done. He was probably amazed that a STOCK 450 just ran w/ neck and neck w/ him..

Ryanstones

aww man...

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

i really didn't want to hear that the YFZ was that strong. Does this mean you'll be getting one? I know you got to keep up in the arms race with bubba.
Thanks for the report!

AlaskaSpeed

#3 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

I concur....one raced with us last weekend and he was dead even with my modded Speed off the gate and out of the corners. The thing is fast and if it holds together, will be one to consider for sure. The new Honda will be my quad this fall though. Here is a link to a photographer site that takes pics of our races. Notice how the YFZ was hounding me the whole time http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.d...vent=007S00DH04 .........JIM

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

I own a Dale so I have no biased interest in who wins in the battle of Yamahas . Race one and you will see. The drag race was done on the shee was 200yrds, not feet, in a dry lakebed at Saint Anthonys. It's all sand. A video will tell a million words. I just didn't have it w/ me that time of day.. Go to www.planetsand.com in the Idaho dunes for my many video's.. Most people gear Raptors down for the dunes. This guys was geared doen cause he told us. So if he hadn't geared down he would of got beat worse out of the hole..

LapTraffic

#5 Post by LapTraffic »

My wife is picking hers up in 3 weeks. White and red. The first one into our local shop got picked up by a local racer. He let both of us ride it. I didnt get on it too hard but it sure felt nice. Kim absolutely fell in love with it. Goodbye warrior!

Doesnt look like I'll be spankin her A$$ anymore...

saleen_1

#6 Post by saleen_1 »

yeah,i have a 450 too.but its a cannondale.cant wait to suck one of those yamahas up my tail pipe.

josborn

#7 Post by josborn »

I had a different experience with one. I raced a buddy with one on Sunday at Beans bike park in ohio (MX), also on the line was a Roll Design Duncan 265 powervalve, and a bunch of modded 440ex's. I have a Cannibal with an HMF, moto map, Trax front end and ZPS, and an Rpm axle. I pulled both Holeshots and ended up winning. Granted the guy riding the bike wasn't used to it yet, and we were racing a very "A" level track. I helped him by getting him to take the baffle out of the exhaust, removed the airbox lid, and another guy helped us by adjusting the fuel screw. The bike seemed to run better, it definitely sounded better. It definitely ran well, and I was impressed by it being stock. The start was uphill, and the cannondale ran much better. I think with the a pipe the yamaha will be competitive but not dominant. I'm not bashing Yamaha, or this post, but all I've read is the yamaha is great, the yamaha is a powerhouse, but it's not yet. I'm actually not a Cannondale diehard, I bought because I was burnt out on my R, and I got a good deal. I'll probably buy the new Honda and ship the C-dale, I'm not biased, just stating the facts.

drbowtie

#8 Post by drbowtie »

aaaah, South bay...

I think I need to spend some money... I need to gear up for a battle...

03 Speed!

Coleridge

#9 Post by Coleridge »

New honda...??? So whats it going to be? 450 or 650? I havn't heard yet. Does anyone know for sure?

josborn

#10 Post by josborn »

Not a definite, just rumors, but i think it wil be 439 unless the atva bumps the cc limit to 450.