Fillin the trailer- what'll it haul?

jesshamner

#61 Post by jesshamner »

When we all show up, you'll find Haydug looking in the bushes to pick the eggs of the stem. LOL.

ozarkdaler

#62 Post by ozarkdaler »

That would be funny... I would make the drive Ryan does not live that far away...

haydug

#63 Post by haydug »

You might find me in the bushes picking, but it won't be picking eggs!

Happyboy

#64 Post by Happyboy »

I know where you live ryan!! biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#65 Post by Jaybr »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Aug 6 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know where you live ryan!! biggrin.gif

He won't have to drive all the way to Arkansas Ryan, I live 2 miles from him and have plenty of room dry.gif

I'm not quite as prepared as you, but you'd be surprised how self suffiecient I could become really quick if TSHTF. And you'll run out of cows long before I run out of deer and fish tongue.gif

Now when are we getting together for those eggs?

Ryanstones

#66 Post by Ryanstones »

Hey brother! Here we are again. Cool.

I will bet that there are far more deer here than there and fewer yahoos to harvest em too. In fact, I just came back in from watching a herd of 11 crossing the pasture, followed by 5 turkeys. I also stocked the pond this spring, so there's a lot of fish too. You're right though, we don't eat COWS! I do have a bull calf growing for harvest in 18 months or so, so hopefully TSHTF won't happen before then. laugh.gif

It definitely makes me feel good that NRath can count on you and shelter in your compound if needed. Now, I know you are eating good home raised eggs!

cannondale27

#67 Post by cannondale27 »

What happens when Global Warming comes and turns the south into desert?

jesshamner

#68 Post by jesshamner »

If global warming comes, it will turn the south into ocean. LOL.

Wow look at this! Lots of veterans in this thread. It's good to see again.

Ryanstones

#69 Post by Ryanstones »

Global Warming! Doubt it. What if an ice age comes?
There is no way for me to determine with any probability what the outcome of "climate change" will be within mine or my son's lifetime, but after the hurricanes It did seem unwise to be living at 9 feet above sea level down there in Fl. Now I'm at 1200', considerably higher than you guys. Hot/Cold I don't know, so I split the difference. Low population density, low industrialization/pollution, and abundant water were some of my relocation criteria.

I bought a boat the other day Jess, just in case. wink.gif

With economics on the other hand, I do feel comfortable assessing likely outcomes based on data, trends and the fundamentally unsustainable nature of a debt based economic system, particularly in a declining net energy environment. Peak Oil is Real. Peak may have already passed, and this means so much more than just high gas prices.
PeaK overview

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 10 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens when Global Warming comes and turns the south into desert?

Jaybr

#70 Post by Jaybr »

QUOTE (Ryanstones @ Aug 10 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey brother! Here we are again. Cool.

I will bet that there are far more deer here than there and fewer yahoos to harvest em too. In fact, I just came back in from watching a herd of 11 crossing the pasture, followed by 5 turkeys. I also stocked the pond this spring, so there's a lot of fish too. You're right though, we don't eat COWS! I do have a bull calf growing for harvest in 18 months or so, so hopefully TSHTF won't happen before then. laugh.gif

It definitely makes me feel good that NRath can count on you and shelter in your compound if needed. Now, I know you are eating good home raised eggs!

There are every bit as many deer here as you have out there, we're over-run with them in many areas and they keep extending the season to control population. http://www.deerhunting.ws/densitymap.htm

Plenty of turkeys, ducks, and geese as well. There are definately more people here, but I'm not too worried about the competetion as I've been honing my skills for 30 years and have gotten pretty good at it. I generally fill my freezers in the first week of firearms season (with Jonnies help) and hunt for antlers after that. Bow and black powder seasons I usually hold out for big antlers as well. I also have a nice pack of hounds to find the deer for me which gives me another advantage over the un-prepared.

As for fish, well we have an ocean close by and many tasty species that migrate up the local rivers.

I hope I never need to hunt and fish out of necessity, but I'm confident I could feed my family if it came to that. In the mean time I'll continue to enjoy the outdoors and eat tasty critters from time to time.

As far as the yahoos, I'll just say I'm well prepared for any trouble out of them if SHTF

When you coming back for a visit next?