GP software / hardware

Mjollnir

GP software / hardware

#1 Post by Mjollnir »

Hey guys, just a thought here.

I used to lurk on a bulletin board for Chevy Nova's (the real ones, not the Toyotas!), and they all got together once and bought a G-Tech accelerometer when they first came out.

Basically, the thing was the community property of the board, and whenever someone wanted it, they just posted to this list, and basically scheduled to get it. Whoever had it would ship it at their own expense. This thing was circulated for over two years when I stopped visiting the board. It was great - everyone got to play with it, but it only cost each person about 5 bucks.

I was thinking - maybe this board could get together on something like that. Plus, we would have the added benefit of having a s-load of maps installed on the hardware, so that when you got it, you would have (probably) dozens of maps to experiment with.biggrin.gif

Just a thought, it would give those of us who don't have the money to buy one ourselves the opportunity to use some pretty cool hardware. Of course, more planning would have to take place, but I thought I would open it for discussion.

Marc

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

The problem is that the GP control software requires an unlock code for each ECU you want to work with. You have to call Optimum Power with both your cable and ECU serial #s to get the code. Optimum charges $150 for each additional quad you want to work on.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

Ah. Well then. I am obviously the uninformed one. Hmm.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here... with my foot in my mouth...rolleyes.gif

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

LOL....nice try!biggrin.gif

Knight440

#5 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
The problem is that the GP control software requires an unlock code for each ECU you want to work with.  You have to call Optimum Power with both your cable and ECU serial #s to get the code.  Optimum charges $150 for each additional quad you want to work on.

Ok I am lost If you buy the software and hook up for the laptop does that cover one quad allready? I hope:rolleyes: all i want to work on is mine!!!smile.gif

Mjollnir

#6 Post by Mjollnir »

Yeah, the $300 covers the cost to work on one quad, I think...

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Yes, the $300 covers one quad. it's $150 for each additional.