Trick little items

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Ive been testing out these quick connects for a while and they are pretty sweet . The only thing that annoyed me was the male ends had thread on them and I needed an adapter for a 1/4" barb. Well 2 minutes on the lathe and I turned them into a barb without the bulky extra parts. So now just a super compact fitting that you can disconnect easily without having to pull the tank up and they dont leak fuel like gutted quick connects . The other thing was instead of the black sleeving and heat shrink that always concealed the pretty braided fuel lines I found a good deal on clear heat shrink. You cant even tell its on there .It looks just like a galfer brake line. Its also handly for popping on a fuel pressure guage or jumping back and forth between adjustable fuel pressure regulators and stock ones on the dyno.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Ive had a few issues with the boots failing on the throttle bodies so I have been testing out reinforced silicone hose and it works great.

Kuma

#3 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Nov 26 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been testing out these quick connects for a while and they are pretty sweet . THe only ting that annoyed me was the male ends had thread on them and I needed an adapter for a 1/4" barb. Well 2 minutes on the lathe and I turned them into a barb without the bulky extra parts. So now just a super compact fitting that you can disconnect easily without having to pull the tank up and they dont leak fuel like gutted quick connects . The other thing was instead of the black sleeving and heat shrink that always concealed the pretty braided fuel lines I found a good deal on clear heat shrink. You cant even tell its on there .It looks just like a galfer brake line. Its also handly for popping on a fuel pressure guage or jumping back and forth between adjustable fuel pressure regulators and stock ones on the dyno.

Are those self sealing when disconnected or open? looks good!

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

The chuck ends are self sealing so I have them on the tank for leak proof removal. The other ends will drop a smidge of fuel but the tanks is the main worry .

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Here is an item no daler should be without. A scavange line sight glass magnet combo. Mydreamride came up with these when he wanted to be sure his scavange pumps were flowing. I went a step further and added a super magnet. Not only can you see the condition of your oil but what you engine is making for metal . It also saves oil filter changes since it gets any ferrous items before they go back into the frame and throught the oil pump and the pesky check ball.
One is made from a standard fuel filter yopu can pick up at any parts store . I modded the ports for higher flow ,added the magnet . The other is a inline air pressure filter made of polycarbonate. It has less chance of breaking from debris impact thant the glass type. I have been using these forever and never had an issue with one breaking the glass but if I were to mx I would put a protective shield around it. I took a pic of it in action which is pretty cool to watch as the oil is blasting around wildly.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Sick of breaking the coolant bottle nipples? Heres a quick and far superior fix. Drill out a bolt and insert ijnto the tank from the inside with a little epoxy. The older tanks are easier to do as you can drill a hole anywhere but the newer tanks have the nipple in the corner where you need to grind the flange off the bolt to make it fit. A simple 15 minute fix that can save you a breakdown.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Hey john, does the fuel filter stand up to the heat? Dave has been selling this setup for a little while now and he went with a clear one first but had a meltdown so he went back to just plain black plastic. Any way you go this is a great addition to protect the frame and innerds.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

The glass one has no plastic in it so it cant melt. Ive never had one melt. I use metal fittings not the plastic ones that come with them. the latest ones i have been getting are the right size fittings built in . I didnt know Dave was selling these. These are not the jumbo fuel filters that I use to replace the stock POS. Those Im sure would melt and couldnt take the pressure and the filter would probalbly plug up anyway.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

If anyone has some coolant bottles with the fittings broke off I could use a couple more to update for stock . Ill pay for shipping and a few bucks extra.
Seems like every quad I get in needs one.
Thanks

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

If you dont care about being sure you can see the oil flow these power steering/tranny fluid filters are the cats meow. . Not only do they have the vital magnet in them but they also have a very good filter element in them with a relief valve. You can get them on ebay for $15 to $20 bucks. Id change them and cut them apart avery 20 hours. For sure you will never get anything in the fame or regular filter.