Dirt wheels

MX Quad Dad

#1 Post by MX Quad Dad »

check out the thread over at daler in the lounge http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13381

sjstar

#2 Post by sjstar »

my jaw just dropped to the ground. Im waiving a check as we speak.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I hope this is real. It's what ATK should have done. BUT Reality sets in. It is a Highly modified Cannondale with a motor that may have been designed in Sweden but where is it made? Don't get me wrong I didn't know one of these motors even ran but the motors I saw at Indy looked like they were cast in China. Hold your checkbook till we see the price and the quality.

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

To me it looks like a bike one of us would build.

There is absolutely nothing "NEW" about it other than someone stuffed that motor in there.

If it was "new" why does it have the following on it:
Old school Elka shocks on the front
Houser arms they dont produce anymore
Integrated hub hipers that were stopped in production many years ago
20 inch tires on 8 inch rims on the rear with small MX tires on the front?

Wonder who is building the 250r kits for them? LOL

joep1219

#5 Post by joep1219 »

i'd sure like to se them make 70+hp out of a 500! reliable?

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

Yeah, this is the group that was tied in with Frank and ATK. I believe the way it basically worked was the OK group are the ones that actually bought the highland motors adn they were going to partner with ATK for the chassis. Notice that Travis posted that article as he now works for the OK group and no longer at ATK. I'm not sure what came of their fall out though. It sounded to me like the OK group still had the motors but no frames. Last time I talked to them was probably 3 months ago and they said they would be putting something together for a bike and quad. I would imagine they will still be looking at making a different frame though.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

If anything they should be doing a Dirtwheels test on someones full blown Timbo motor on the track testing. I should have added to my post the only thing new on that is the bold new graphics on the fullbore 250r plastics. Perhaps they are following Honda's gameplan rolleyes.gif

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Would love to see them succeed with the cannondale chassis. That would mean aftermarket goodies hitting the market again.

Hrmm...i wonder if they would buy our old frames. biggrin.gif

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

Highland is a company from Sweden. From what I have heared they build high quality bikes.

From what I have heared the guy who designed the Cannondale engine has also designed the Highland engine.

This is the 450 bike they make:

And this is the engine they build:

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Why is everyone so defensive here? It is exactly what you guys claim it is.... a different motor stuffed into our beloved Cannondale frame. Do you despise this because it uses our frame or you hate it because you hate our frame?

Highland was a design house only. They made the motor and motorcycles to sell to someone else. The company they came from was Folan. Folan designed the original Cannondale motor. This very well could have been a later model Cannondale if the factory was still in business.

I'm with Happyboy on this one, if they suceed there will be more parts for our bikes as well. This company does own the intellectual rights to Cannondale now. So they do not have to alter anything that was original Cannondale.

By the way, doesn't 70HP interest you? Don't now how true it is, but I have been hearing rumors for a while now.....