Quadtech Plates ***HIGH RES PICS, DO NOT ENTER IF ON DIAL UP!!***

2000ex

#21 Post by 2000ex »

I am in for 2-3 depending on price smile.gif What did they go for originally?

tat

#22 Post by tat »

22.50 if Im not mistaken to your door. Like I said let me check with Arley at the shop an see if they still have the program. By the way, there is one on my quad if anyone is interested in it, 2000.00 and it is yours. wink.gif

NRath

#23 Post by NRath »

Tat, if it looks like it's gonna' be expensive, but you can still get something electronic, I can take care of the burning. A .dxf would make it simpler. I've started redrawing it, but had some obligations last week during lunch and didn't get to work on it much.

And today I had almost 2 pages of posts to catch up on!

NRath

#24 Post by NRath »

Well, this is what I put together. Took a bit longer than expected, but doesn't everything? Drawing the C was pretty tough. That's an almost identical copy of it. I lifted the original off the front of the engine manual and used it for reference. I probably printed my version 10 times getting it to match.

I'd like for one of you to get this printed out to scale, cut it out, and see how it fits. Print it, measure the distance between the dimension lines and see if it matches the shown dimension. It would probably be easiest to paste the jpg in Word or Excel, then use format to change the size till it prints out the right size.

The part I'm not sure about is the "frame" around it. Will it cover the edges of the hood? I wouldn't want to look at it once installed and be able to see the edges of the hole in the hood, so the frame may need to get a little thicker.

I created it and it had a black background from the CAD package, couldn't figure out how to delete that one, so I just added the one with the white background. You might want to print the white background one- less ink.

**Pics were originally posted in this post! And may or may not be in here now!

Happyboy

#25 Post by Happyboy »

Only problem is that its not to scale as a JPEG. Can you export it to scale so when it prints its the correct size?

NRath

#26 Post by NRath »

Download the pic, insert it into word, select it, go to format, bump the width down to 5.2" which will change the height as well. Click print and simply print the 8.5x11. Then measure the lines between the dims to see if you get 4-5/16. You may need to bump the pic size up or down .1 to get it so it measures right. Once it measures correctly, it should be to scale all around.

NRath

#27 Post by NRath »

How the heck did the attachments switch posts?!!!!

It did it again!! The attachments are moving to my most recent post- that's crazy!

Let's see... That's jacked up! I'm not hitting quote or doing anything with the pics, they just keep popping into these other posts automatically.

**Happy, you can delete this post.**

NRath

#28 Post by NRath »

Anyway, looks like I should've followed my own advice. I just overlayed my part on top of your scanned pic and mine is a little off needs a little tweaking. There wasn't a dimensional reference in the scans, so I jsut estimated from the pics with the tape measure. My height and corner radii are a little off. And the mounting holes- is it important that they be in the same place or does the hood not have any holes in it?

Let's see if the 2 pics moved into this post...
[attachment=9860:Dale_Grill.JPG]YEP!! They keep moving on down the thread!

Edit- check the above thread for the overlay! They keep jumping posts.
ARRGGGHH!! Now they're in both! Good enough. If I edit and delete from one, it deletes from both of them. If I then add it to one, it'll be in that one, but if I go edit another post or make a new one, the pics jump into the most recently editted or newest post- SCREWY!

NRath

#29 Post by NRath »

Something that bothers me (besides the pics jumping posts) is the scan seems like it's looking from an angle, but I know it's not. The lighting is from an angle, so the shadows say, anyway. Don't think it's a problem, just looks awkward. Anyway, if someone can check the version I put up and let me know if it needs to be tweaked or if it will work like it is.