Glamis Project

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

As many of you know, I have a Glsmis that I had shipped from California for a few years. I got it with no identifying features. Someone had peeled the Glamis sticker kit off, installed Alba Action decals, a Quadtech seat, red deletes and a Moto front end. I don't know why, but I had pretty much everything brand new in the box to put this lady back to her glory days. The motor had the Winky treatment and was immeadiately dropped and rebuilt. I had to scrap the head and in the process I installed a Timbo ported head and all of the needed updates. I did install my bone stock Speed motor in her for one Group ride at Majestic. It was so slow, that Timbo did some tuning and got it running half way decent. It has sat ever since in my enclosed trailer. The good news is that the quad is in excellent shape as it was a sand quad only from what it appears. The quad was owned by a pro rider in Las Vegas named Abbott. He runs an ATV shop there to this day.

Here is a before pic:

[attachment=9825:a995_3.jpg]

I did not get the bike with the Front Axis shocks (I actually got it with no front shocks). Otherwise I got it like it shows in the pic.

Here is a pic before that one Group ride with the Moto front end and the Speed motor. The seat and headlight covers are brand new and on for the pics only. I also have a brand new set of plastic, decal set and a new original whip and flag!

[attachment=9828:Glamis_1.jpg]

Here is a couple of pics from today:

[attachment=9826:Glamis_1.jpg] [attachment=9827:Glamis_2.jpg]

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Where did you get orange bushings for the seat hold down?

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Boomer starter selling them. I didn't get them because they were orange (it's an ugly burnt orange color). I got them to stop loosing the stock bushings and they are way firmer. They are one piece instead of the rubber covered bolt we use now.

ACEwrench

#4 Post by ACEwrench »

is it Steve Abbott??? if so its been a while since hes been around a dale...him and his partner Pike both ran 'em back in the day..in fact Steve rode the first dale we ever saw at a local TT race we were at...

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

That's him. This bike was stolen from him. Someone took a bike to him to work on and he lent them this bike to ride for the weekend while he was making repairs to the customer's bike. The guy never brought it back to him! The guy I got it from bought it off Ebay and was looking for the title when he found out. Steve only wanted the front shocks (hence why I got it with no front shocks) in exchange for the title.

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 18 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's him. This bike was stolen from him...

That's a pretty crazy story! Glad you shared it.

Didn't Abbott's also build that gorgeous all polished 'dale some years ago?

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Yep same guy

kevin444

#8 Post by kevin444 »

yeah funny story.....he's still got that show room mirror polished dale hanging in store.....so clean

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Jan 18 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah funny story.....he's still got that show room mirror polished dale hanging in store.....so clean

I believe that's where the shocks were from.....

His personal bikes front shocks were on the Glamis when it was not returned.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Getting closer....

[attachment=9924:Glamis_3.jpg]