Ahhh, finally some snow!

NRath

#1 Post by NRath »

Some of you may remember my whining about being in the slot that never gets the good snow. Well, it's finally our turn! Last weekend, we got about 9"- which was awesome! Now the next one is upon us and there's plenty of remnants from the first one!

Looks like we should get about 6-8 more inches this weekend. This is the first time in 15 years we've had 2 storms back to back. Usually we only get one good snow (4"+) a year, if that!

Here's the view out the window today!

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

So did you get the quads out yet?

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

Must be nice, all our snow has been melted by rain. Ive done more playing around on the ice with my wheelers than i have snowmobiling. Have fun and enjoy the snow while you have some haha!

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Feb 5 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So did you get the quads out yet?

Oh yeah! We rode around a good bit last weekend. I was on the Kawie, though. It's a trip that the kids don't want to ride if it's 40 deg outside be cause it's too cold. Last weekend, it was mid 20's and we rode for a couple hours straight and no one was cold! I took Monday off and we rode some more then. Hopefully they'll be back up for more riding this weekend. I filled up the 2 stroke can on the way home today hoping we'll get back out there.

Be interesting to see what this storm does. Looks like it's gonna' rain most of the night, then get colder in the morning and turn back to snow all day tomorrow.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

We haven't got enough to cover the grass here in SE MI.

311racer

#6 Post by 311racer »

We got 10in just before Christmas then we got 6in last Saturday and we are suppose to get 30 more by the end of tomorrow nite with 30mph winds. Gotta love living in Delaware!

Crazie

#7 Post by Crazie »

What is this snow you speak of? It's dune weather here and all my toys are out of commission! mad.gif

cannondalemaine

#8 Post by cannondalemaine »

311 racer thats not fair that you guys are getting all this snow!!! If you dont want it throw it in a mack truck and haul it up here hahaha. Had a sledding trip planned in 2 weeks but we have only 2 inches of snow mad.gif

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Just did a trail ride last night with my wifes sled . The trails had what Id say is the bare minimum snow cover with hard ice base. We had a quad with us. The quad guy was definatly having more fun. With an unsdudded track the sled was just spooky .LOL I borrowed it for a while and was bummed all night I didnt bring the Dale. Conditions were perfect for the quads so we will take them tonight.

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

I wish we had those state managed trails like you cheeseheads have!

We had alot of melting yesterday, some places made it to the dirt/leaves. I pulled around my son and his buddy on sleds for a little bit. Poor kid is 9 years old and never been on a sled!

I took this pic w/ the phone last weekend when my daughter and I were riding.