Indy Dealer Show

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Did anyone go this year? If so, did you see/talk to Highland? They had the quad on display. There are a few pics over at www.quadzone.com

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/forums/showt...6927&page=7

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Got a set of original Moto nerfs on that puppy, too!

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Yeah, I just got back a few hours ago. I will have a full report on the facts and myths when I get my head a little decompressed. I took a few pics but the claims and the plans are what is going to be exciting.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

So is this going to be like ATK's claims or can we actually expect to see something happening?

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Some smoke and mirrors some reality. Someone tie C27 down before he reads this post!

ATV Pics:
[attachment=9973:H9_ATV.jpg] [attachment=9972:H8_ATV.jpg]

Under the Seat:
[attachment=9974:H4_Under_Seat.jpg]

New throttle body pics:
[attachment=9975:H10_TBody_Profile.jpg][attachment=9976:H1_TBody.jpg]
[attachment=9977:H2_TBody.jpg]
[attachment=9978:H3_TBody.jpg]

Single MX bike:
[attachment=9979:H7_Single_MX.jpg]

Street Bike with twin motor:
[attachment=9980:H5_Twin_Street.jpg]

GML1998 thinking how he's going to get it in the wife's car???
[attachment=9981:H6_Gary.jpg]

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I'll take one of each! I don't know about using an old rotary telephone for engine parts though. Actually, the most exciting thing I see is a possibility of more 250r kits and more than 1.5 gal capacity! Woohoo. I have been thinking about a plastic change and I just don't know about the 400ex conversion. 250r kit is the easy way out and looks really good.

Kuma

#7 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 15 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ATV Pics:
[attachment=9973:H9_ATV.jpg]

What is the cutout for between the N&D?

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

I saw no need for it. Looks like it was for something else at one time.

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

Radiator cap on the 250R. It's just standard Fullbore 250R plastic. They did mention working with Fullbore on changing little things like that and the kick start pocket.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

The real news comprises some of the following:

They are sticking to their guns on the HP claims. Two years ago at the Dealer Show they had a sign that said:
[attachment=9982:ATK_HP_Claimb.jpg]

They are claiming close to 70HP with the quad (at the wheels I asked). It had a true dual exhaust system and a new type of fuel injection system. The quad at the show was the exact same quad in the magazines and I believe is the only one assembled (prototype). I expect some changes before the first one goes out the door.

They have a 507cc version of this same motor as well. I wasn't interested in the twin cylinder motor so much, but they claim they will be putting it in the quad somewhere down the road.

OK, now for the kicker.... They have a plan to put together 200 quads built like this one using Cannondale frames, Hyper wheels, and a few other goodies that have already been purchased. After that they believe they will have a SS chassis like the one used for the bikes to put the motor into and make the quad from there.

The original design Cannondale frame is to be reproduced and retooled to install, wait for it........... the old Maico/Zabel 700cc 2 stroke engine with FI and electric start. They claim to have the new FI system working well with this motor but they want electric start to make the project complete.

They claim to have the first 200 Dual Sport twin cylinder motorcycles already sold out.

MORE>>>>>>>

They have also purchased the recently disposed of factory from HD for the Buell line of motorcycles!!!!!!! I don't remember what the factory was going to be used for, but I believe they want to start casting engine cases there. As of right now the cases are made in Sweden and shipped here for assembly. (Sorry Steve, no Chinese connection here). They claim that all assembly will be in the USA.

They will be having an open house around May 4 or 5, to show everyone the assembly areas and for an old fashioned BBQ.

WAIT AND SEE.....???????