Moving to Charlotte NC

Happyboy

#1 Post by Happyboy »

Well, I was finally able to score a job in North Carolina so I am headed that way in a couple of weeks. I'll be working in Downtown Charlotte so I will still be stuck in the rat race. smile.gif But it sounds like I will be working with a pretty laid back crew which already mentioned the ability to work remote during out interview!

This is the reason I can't do anything with the site for another month besides the migration.

Any dalers out that way? As it happens the individual buying the X440 is from Charlotte and this will be his first Cannondale. I am sure he is going to love it! And I get a riding buddy out of the deal. smile.gif

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

You will love NC. It is one of my favorite places and our R&D dept is in RTP so I try to go out every chance I get.

Jashuwa

#3 Post by Jashuwa »

Congrats Sean
Does this mean we will see you at the group ride this year?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Yes, it does mean I will be at the group ride. biggrin.gif

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Awesome! Anything has to be better than BFE Arkansas!

Jashuwa

#6 Post by Jashuwa »

Sweet hopefully you'll see me on a cdale instead of the Yamaha this year.

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Feb 16 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! Anything has to be better than BFE Arkansas!

Umm, like he's 14 hours further from any sand dunes?

Sorry Happy!

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

But as for the rest of it, Congrat's and I hope it goes well for you!

You get settled and figure out the riding spots and maybe we could hook up somewhere. There's got to be somewhere to ride near Grandfather Mountain. And there's Busco Beach, not sure how far from Charlotte, though. From Charlotte, you may be relatively close to Durham Plantation in GA, too. Ohh, but even better- you'll only be 3-4 hrs away from H-M!! That's something to be excited about, for sure!

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

He may be far away from the dunes but we have survived without them. Besides, there are some great trails around Appalachia. I was going to say that he's a lot closer to civilization but re-thinking that statement about North Carolina. biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, not being close to Little Sahara OK is going suck but Mark has offered to hook me up with a quad and i can fly back. So that is a plan! Once I get settled in I'll be looking for people and places to ride. Wait, I mean I'll be looking for places to ride and people to ride with. Nrath, where are you located in Virginia? How far from Hatfield?