Blaze shock adjustment

ex kid

#1 Post by ex kid »

My friend just bought an 02' Blaze. we're trying to get the ride height down a little. as it sits its 9 1/2''.

How do you compress the front shocks enough to move the snap ring up a few grooves to get the front end down?

On my Custom Axis shocks you can pretty much just do it with your hands. I took all the preload out already but it still seems like it should be a little easier.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

The easiest way is to first remove the shock. Turn it upside down and have 1 person compress the spring buy putting weight down on it pushing towards the normally top of the shock. Then have a 2nd person remove the retainer at the bottom. It just slides right out once pressure has been removed from it. Now adjust the retainer clip on the top of the shock to where ever you like. Now just put the shock back together.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I usually try to compress the spring while the wife tries to move the clip. Sometimes this even gets done without drawing blood. Happyboy's way works too.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

hmmmm? dose the blood get drawn from a slip of the spring or from someone getting hit with a shock?

I try to leave the wife in the house when working in the garage. i find it much less painful and once I cool down the pain is gone.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

Usually the blood comes from her stabbing me with a screw driver.

Scooter

#6 Post by Scooter »

I thought the Blaze came with regular screw adjust and ressies.

Scooter

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Am I the only one in this motley crew that owns a shock spring compressor? laugh.gif

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Apr 2 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one in this motley crew that owns a shock spring compressor? laugh.gif

It sounds that way!

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Apr 2 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the Blaze came with regular screw adjust and ressies.

Scooter

The blaze shock is just like the moto shock only shorter.

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Apr 2 2010, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WIMP tongue.gif

real men do it the painfull way, besides if i did have one (I think i do have one for cars), by the time I found it I would have been able to change he springs the caveman way and had my wounds healed up in less time