I've been violated!

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I caught a nasty cold over the weekend. I actually called out sick (government jobs are great!) on monday and tuesday. I went to work yesterday because I had some work that had to get done. I struggled all day at work and went home to find my workshop wide open and my main quad stolen. What was ironic was that my dogs were in the yard and the gates were closed. They will usually bark at anything (as long as they are outside of the fence), and I have never had any issues before. I have a 4' chain link fence around the entire property and I was trying to figure out how they got the quad out. I walked to one of the drive gates (both are kept locked with a chain), and noticed the padlock had been cut on the gate farthest from the shop. The gate in the driveway directly in front of the shop was still locked. I really thought that was weird considering that what they wanted what was in the shop building. I noticed tire mark impressions in the grass in front of my enclosed trailer on the opposite side of the house (where the pulled into the yard to load the quad up). Again, the trailer's there (not stolen) and they pulled up nowhere near the shop. I walked behind the trailer and didn't notice anything at first, but then saw that the locks were busted off the rear drop down door. My heart sunk to my stomach as I opened the door to find that they had stolen the brand new quad I had picked up in TN this year. I had not even pulled the motor yet as I have been so busy with other projects. They had put the trailer door back up to get the quad by the trailer out to the truck. They had actually came to break into the trailer and then saw an opportunity to break into the shop. They left the Glamis in the shop (still sitting on an X-Factor type stand). My guess is that they only had a pick-up truck and couldn't take all three.

After interviewing a few neighbors hoping somenone had seen something, I found out that the theft happened between 9
:30 & 10:00 in the morning and they had let the dogs loose. My neighbor had chased the dogs down and had closed the gate. I also found out that there had to be two of them. One had been dropped off in the back of the house and had cut the lock on that gate and went right for the trailer. Then he cut the lock on the front drive gate in front of the trailer and pulled into the yard. My guess is that then saw the workshop man door and broke in thru there.

Man, it sucks to be violated!

mad.gif

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Ah man, that's horrible ken.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a nightmare! Hope you can find the culprits.

Z4J

#4 Post by Z4J »

Very sorry to hear about all of the Ken. I hope they find them and your new quad very soon.

cdsracer

#5 Post by cdsracer »

That sucks man! I sure hope you can track them down and get your stuff back.

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

That is horrible and I really hate to hear that. I seriously hope these guys are caught and you get your stuff back.

jinx44

#7 Post by jinx44 »

Sorry to hear. Good luck with it.

I am dealing with court on a kid that stole a bunch of tools from me last summer. I know they broke in to steal my bikes (found to have stole dozens of other ATVs), but the way my shop is setup they couldn't get them out. So instead they stole several thousand dollars worth of tools.

Scooter

#8 Post by Scooter »

I have felt your pain when a kid stole my CR 250 and my gear bag with every thing I owned in it. I did get the bike back 2 weeks later but it was beat. I hope you see your stuff sooner.

Scooter

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

Sorry to hear about this.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Bummer. He Ken isnt there a business behind your house.Maybe camaras? I glad they didnt hurt the dogs.