marshall100

#1 Post by marshall100 »

I'm no expert but if this is a 2006 shouldn't it be an ATK:]

2006 Cannibal?

themadhatter

#2 Post by themadhatter »

I thought that when I saw this,
Are you going to have it then?? Ha ha ha
It's funny people really don't have any idea about these bikes over here do they???
We need to educate more!!!!
wink.gif

wayneschofield

#3 Post by wayneschofield »

They may have bought it from DK in Newcastle near Stoke. They are well known for selling old stock as being much later than it really is.

If it was bought new in '06 and is receipted as such it could go on an 06 reg, assuming you get it through IVA.

RS are mainly a bike salvage dealer, so who knows where they got it from.

themadhatter

#4 Post by themadhatter »

very true man,
but its still retardedly expensive for something that needs work so it wont go bang!!!
more people should buy them tho so it gets the parts supply up here in the uk maybe?
dude are you ever going to reply to my pm's??

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Where are the new MOTO's? It's kind of depressing to keep seeing these brand new Cannibals which are the least desirable. At least on the plus side, ATK didn't touch it and would be a base to build something out of from new parts.

marshall100

#6 Post by marshall100 »

If it's the one that DK off road had then it should have had a ton of work done to it, but they had at least listed it as an ATK. I don't think it is, the only ones turning up over here at the moment are pricey, last year they were all ponies. The one I got which I've just re-built was on ebay around the same time as some absolutely garbage which someone had shoe horned a husky 600 engine into. Badly.

themadhatter

#7 Post by themadhatter »

So you bought the one that was in parts then!!!
I wanted that man!!!
Did you get the one from Wales that was mint and road legal???

marshall100

#8 Post by marshall100 »

Nah, not me. Didn't the half bodged husky go for 600 quid?

I found mine on quadvertiser on a really old listing, the guy was absolutely desperate to get shot of it. Reckons he paid 2500 for it and when I asked him what he wanted ho lopped a grand off the price and the deal was done. And to be honest, I've paid a bit for it now. The exhaust which had been put on the road bike was an utter mess, and the lighting leaves alot to be desired, but I'll get round to that in due course.....

I'm sure I said about the engine that I got off quads uk? guy had it as a runner, but couldn't get it to keep running. When it turned up, half the ignition lead was missing, one of the injector mount bolts was missing, and an exhaust lug had been snapped off the head, there was something else I noticed which made me think 'no wonder it never ran' but I can't think what it was.

I've tried to educate people over here, I had a feature in quad magazine earlier this year, which I've had some great feedback about. I lined up at the start of my last race, and this guy on an LT450 tapped me on the shoulder and went 'are you marsh? the guy with the dale in quad mag? The reason I'm here is because of you' at which point the tape went up and off we went.

I know I bought into cannondales blindly, my race bike was dirt cheap, but I wouldn't have anything else. I'm determined to save those bikes that remain running in this part of the world.

But you have to laugh, 2 grand for a bike with no mods and a bogus year of registration...

Good for a grand I reckon, I pity the poor sod who buys it and doesn't have access to the internet or this place.

wayneschofield

#9 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (themadhatter @ Dec 7 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude are you ever going to reply to my pm's??

I need to rummage in the loft at work to see what I have new. I think I have all you want but I need to go up there in daylight so I can see what I'm looking at.

I have been finishing too late at work every day to do it with these short days we have now....