Riddle me this

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

In our rush to get the machines ready for winter we left this out in the shop since last week. Can any one explain how one diet pepsi has zero ice in it and the others have turned to slushies. And no its not tampered with . It did get down to 13 degrees beow zero for a couple days .

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

My guess would be pressure. I know pressure affects boiling point but does it affect freezing point? or maybe the cat was curled up next to it with its body only touching the one bottle laugh.gif

You know now that I think of it, I have seen coke that wasn't frooze, freeze instantly when the cap was cracked open. can of beer too.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Dec 18 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In our rush to get the machines ready for winter we left this out in the shop since last week. Can any one explain how one diet pepsi has zero ice in it and the others have turned to slushies. And no its not tampered with . It did get down to 13 degrees beow zero for a couple days .

hurry drink it, its magic. biggrin.gif

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

That might be the one Elroy peed in at the Pepsi plant. wacko.gif

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

I just opened a cooler I forgot about since summer that had been in the garage. 2 of 4 gatorades were frozen solid and 2 were completely liquid. I opened one of the liquid ones and it immediately turned to ice. I'm going to make a nice slushy tequila drink with it. 3 bottles of water in the same cooler were liquid. It is about 15 degrees out right now and has been below zero for most nights this week.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats wierd. Someone should call Mythbusters!

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Could it be the igloo concept? The two frozen ones are acting as insulation from the cold for the others?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

From what I could find its pressure and ingredient dependent. Diet soda always freezes before regular. Since all Wistech's are same soda the three frozen ones probably lost pressure when they froze.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

just google "frozen soda" and you get an answer. Nothing magic, just basic science.

wayneschofield

#10 Post by wayneschofield »

Nah, that's just the one with the Vodka in it!