dang snow!

Happyboy

#1 Post by Happyboy »

Well, we are officially stuck in New Jersey until Tuesday. Came up here a week ago to spend the week with family. Had a complete blast. Made it to New York for a few days and me and the wife made it to a show. Had a great time. But now we gotta get back! I thought about moving my flight up but charlotte is slammed so I went ahead and move the flights to tuesday.

Our nephews got sleds, snowball makers, snowman kits, and snow shovels for christmas so we are going to have a blast. Another day working from jersey, woot!!

Anyone else have travel fun?

cannondalemaine

#2 Post by cannondalemaine »

I didn't do much traveling but definitely will get enough snow, 12-18 inches with blizzard warning here so not much four wheeling in the forecast

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

Snowball makers? Snowman kits? God ****, just when I think I've seen it all!!! Kids must be queers now a days if they need kits to make snowmen or snow balls....may God help us.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Wow, what an a$$hole. The kids are 5 and 7 and they were gifts for christmas. Its folks like you that really do make the world a bitter and horribly unhappy place. After seeing your posts that were moved by another moderate to the trouble forum you were real close to being put in time out. I am glad I wasn't the one that saw your arguement. Change the attitude in the posts you make please.

Now a weather udpate. Robert and I just got done shoveling the driveway for the first time. Anywhere from 10", with it coming down about 1-2" an hour right now. LOL. We would get done with a section then look back and there would be another inch or so. Tomorrow we will play some more and enjoy the first real snowfall we have experienced in a very long time. I will really enjoy it I am sure but Robert will look back after his frist northen winter and just hate the snow.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif UPS just says it like it is!Cracks me up.

Hope you have fun in the snow!

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

well, I have to admitt, those toys had me wondering. I even had to google them. the snowman kit would have taken some of the fun out of building a snowman for me and my sisters and when my children done it but we are people that never throw stuff (junk) away, so we would dig around to find the stuff needed. But if those snowball makers have any quality/strength to them and the snow is wet, you could make some leathal snow(ice)balls

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Well we got about 18" dumped on us. The drifts were amazing. Too bad the snow was very dry and wouldn't pack at all. So no snowballs, snowmen, or even much sledding. I am used to very wet snow and this powder took alot of the fun out of it. But, it was very light for the shoveling this morning.

This was their first real snowfall ever. We all are from Arkansas so the boys were really excited to see something snowman related. But, maybe next time. The snow ball makers are pretty cool. When they do get a wet snow the balls will be packed and perfect to heave at your closest enemy.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

One tip for a snowball fight ....wear a helmet

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Oh Yeah, one thing we did have in our snowman kit was a 6500 massey ferguson fork lift. when my children and I done it they were quite small and we couldn't make to allfully big snowballs but, early years, my sisters and I were in our teens and we rolled the bottom two snowballs until we couldn't roll them. that was one big snowman.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

My kids did same. Too big to lift the sections on top each other. Going to have to build a ramp like the Egyptians made the pyramids! Then I get to run it over with the snowmobile laugh.gif