Fox Racing Shox---Rig Stolen

jinx44

#1 Post by jinx44 »

Though there are few regular members here, we are spread throughout the country. This is a rig we would notice rolling down the highway since we are into motorsports. So I thought I would post this up here, incase anyone sees it.

Tuesday morning between the hours of 2:00am and 6:00am while Mike Vanlienden was staying in a local Hotel outside of Quebec someone drove off with our entire truck and race trailer. The Trek mechanic actually saw it going down the highway towards the Montreal around 4:00am. We are absolutely gutted about it as it was stocked with our prototypes, Titanium spring inventory and everything we needed to service our teams and riders for the upcoming important North American events. In addition we were transporting the Atherton's North American pit setup. Luckily they had their bikes with them. We prepare very early for the race season and thanks to preseason testing, servicing/rebuilding our athletes product every race and supplying adequate spare suspension, we will get through it. This is our most important year to date as we are currently leading the mens and womens DH championship along with the mens 4x championship, and need to make sure we can service these top riders at the highest level.

-The truck cab is a white FORD F550 Turbo Diesel with beige interior, CA license plate. There are many distinguishing features with this cab such as all FORD logos have been converted to FOX logos, FOX custom embroidered seats, FOX instrument cluster and custom FOX footwheels. The trailer is a 28ft FEATHERLIGHT flip down door. The trailer contained custom proprietary racing equipment as well as two YETI bicycles, a medium ASR-5, and medium ARC hardtail. A reward is being offered for any information that leads to the return of the vehicle. The Race Rig was last seen at 6/28/11 at 4:30am traveling West on Hwy 20 just outside of Montreal.

Since there is nothing I hate more than a theif, keep an eye out for this truck and trailer.

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

wow, has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen stolen. Talking about something that will be hard to hide.

jinx44

#3 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jun 30 2011, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen stolen. Talking about something that will be hard to hide.

It was posted on a drag racing website. Several cars each year are posted up stolen on there. Some of these cars are record breakers and known throughout the drag racing world. They are in trailers that are wrapped and easily distingquished. The engines are one-off heads, custom billet blocks, etc. None of them have ever been recovered. Even if they are parted out, you would think the parts would show up, but they never do.

Take the transmissions in some of these cars. They are built by ATI and you can NOT buy one. They are on a lease program only. The transmissions are sealed and none of the parts are available seperately, and everything is individually numbered.

The general concensus is they are shipped overseas. The middle east is becoming big into drag racing, and that is thought to be where most of them are going.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

With all the traffice cameras out there now, you would think police would be able to review the footage and figure out which way it was headed and track it down. A gray ford, no. A big black and white trailer/truck, yup can pick that out easily in the footage.

1ORMOTO

#5 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Anyone know if they ever found this thing?

jinx44

#6 Post by jinx44 »

Not that I have heard.

who_gives_a6

#7 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The rig and truck were found the day after it was stolen. They abandoned it somewhere and cleaned out all the parts inside. Read that somewhere last month. They apparently didn't want the truck, but knew what they were after and succeeded. No suspects known.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Wow!