Yamaha brings back the carb

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

It looks like yamaha misses jetting a carb.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...323/0/home.aspx

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

That's only for the standard YFZ trail model. Most everyday riders prefer the carb and it dramatically reduces production costs from what I've read on it. The YFZR still has fuel injection, as does their bike lineup. The carb model retails under $7000 while the race model is nearly $9000.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I agree 100%. Sorry if I implied something else.

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

Also looks like they droped the price only 200.00 since the 2009 model, I thought it was dumb for them to quit making that bike for the yfzr/x anyways and apparently so did yamaha

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

If they keep the x and the r model they are putting out a lineup similar to Cannondale. Budget, XC, and MX specific models.

mydreamride

#6 Post by mydreamride »

i wasn't saying to get ride of the r/x but they shouldn't have discontinued the old yfz because it was and still is a very competitive bike compared to even the new ones.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

I thought they were going to keep the yfz around. Did they sell the yfz and the yfzr first and then discontinue the yfz the next year and replace it with the yfzx? They definitely should have kept the yfz. I think most of the pro gncc guys were running carbs anyway. That's what I have read on the internet anyway. It has to be true right?

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

It looks like they changed the carb, too. Didn't earlier YFZ's have a Keihin FCR? The 2012 has a Mikuni BSR, same as a DRZ comes with. I'll stop just short of saying the BSR sucks. An FCR is a significant improvement in throttle response and overall power.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Yes they originally had the FCR. I'm not sure why the BSR now. They changed the cams and timing for more low end and mid range!!! Wow! The yfz is the 450 that I always had trouble beating off the line. I'll bet that they changed the timing to match what the cam mod does and relobed the cams to give more power in the lower rpms where the cam mod supposedly takes it away. That would give better all around power from the bottom to the top of the rpm range.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

also notice they went cheap on the shocks and took the rezzy shocks away. The old yfz shocks had rezzies on them