Wisconsiner's??????

MX Quad Dad

#1 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Any of you hear of this

Wisconsin Racket's Bluff Called

Remember the violent and disgusting demonstrations over Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker doing away with collective bargaining for teacher's unions? The results are in. Some school districts went from a $400,000 deficit to a $1,500,000 surplus as a result.

Why?
It seems that the insurance company that provided all the "so-called" benefits to the teachers was an insurance company owned and operated by the teacher's union. Since the outfit was guaranteed to get the insurance business from the teachers, and the State had to pay for it (not the teachers) the insurance company was increasing annual costs every single year to become the most expensive insurance company in the state.

Then the company was donating millions and millions of dollars to its favorite democrat politicians who, when they got elected, guaranteed to keep funding the union's outrageous costs. In other words, the insurance company was a "pass through" for Wisconsin taxpayer money directly to the democrat politicians.
Nice racket, and this is the racket that is going on in every single State that allows collective bargaining.

No wonder the States are taking it away. Now the State of Wisconsin is free to put the insurance contract out for bids and, lo and behold, they have saved so much money it has turned deficits into surplus amounts. As a result, none of the teachers had to be laid off, everyone got a raise, etc., etc., and the taxpayers of Wisconsin don't have to pay more taxes to fund the union's political ambitions.

If you weren't aware of the reasons Gov. Walker was fighting to take away collective bargaining, it gives you an idea of the problem the Republican Party has. Outside of one or two, none of them know how to speak up and explain properly what the problem was.. We could sure use a Ronald Reagan now, someone who could explain things for people to understand, since we know that people don't like to read anymore.

Any truth to it???? I am a union employee and I get tons of paperwork that give a list of how much goes to each benifit. are teachers that stupid. I feel the price for the health care I get may be a little high but no where near that bad

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

That pretty much sums it up. I don't know about the "everyone got a raise" part, but yeah, the teachers union and the insurance thing is accurate.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Its accurate but dont make Walker a hero.Teachers took a hit in pocketbook and Police and Fire was left alone.All the govt workers should have taken the same cuts.Its just some have better lobbyists and more $ to get preferential treatment.

Dude54758

#4 Post by Dude54758 »

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 28 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its accurate but dont make Walker a hero.Teachers took a hit in pocketbook and Police and Fire was left alone.All the govt workers should have taken the same cuts.Its just some have better lobbyists and more $ to get preferential treatment.

The teachers have the best lobbyists money can buy.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

It sure doesnt look that way.If its so why was no reason ever given for the fire and police not being cut the same?

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

I don't know. Different union and different bennies I would guess. Most of your tax money goes to schools, not police and fire.

1ORMOTO

#8 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Sorry, collective bargaining and the choice of insurance companies are not in any way related. The teachers union did not choose the providers. The push from the GOP was to provide some seperation of different unions so that they did not lose support from more conservative unions such as police, fire and service unions. The more liberal unions, such as teachers and human services are much larger and swayed all public employee unions to exclusively support the Democratic party. Robert

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

I believe the Fire and Police are on the chopping block next. From what I received from representatives they didn't do it this time around as they needed police and fire to remain on their side basically.