Cannibal Jim

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I announce that we lost one of our Cannondale family members this past sunday. Cannibal Jim was just 41 years old and was taken from us by an over eager driver in a head on crash. Jim's newlywed wife (Kendra) was in the car with him but she did survive the accident. I was introduced to Jim thru Speed2424 (Kevin), he was always willing to offer a hand to a fellow Cannondaler in need. In fact most of the pictures I have of him are from behind with him assisting another rider.

I am sorry if I can't find the words to write more for the moment (I am in tears writing this now). Please read below and add your own comments and memories of Jim to the thread.

Here is the article from the local paper.

********************************************************************************
Authorities identified the man killed in a two-vehicle collision Sunday afternoon as James A. Wriston Jr., 41.

Wriston was driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo north on Union Avenue SE (state Route 183), south of state Route 172, when his vehicle was hit head-on by a southbound Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Stewart Lundquist, 23, according to the Ohio Highway Patrol.

Two passengers also suffered severe injuries, according to state troopers. Kendra Wriston, 32, who was riding with her husband, was taken to Aultman Hospital. She was subsequently transferred to Akron City Hospital, according to the Stark County coroner???s staff.

And Trey Ellers, 28, who was with Lundquist, also went to Aultman. Attempts to get condition grades on those two people from hospital officials were not successful Monday morning.

Lundquist had drifted left of center, which caused the pickup truck to strike the car Wriston was driving, according to state troopers.

GODSPEED JIM

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

God's speed Jim. I never met you but folks always had nothing but good to say about you. To be taken in a stupid car accident.....

quadracer500

#3 Post by quadracer500 »

Jim, my family is very heavy hearted right now will miss your smile and laugh, seems you always were doing one or the other. I was very glad to have met you at Kevin's and call you my friend, god speed my friend , god speed.

Rich, Brandon, Breanna and Rachel.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't know Jim very well but every time I talked to him, he treated me as if we had been long time friends.

Brad77

#5 Post by Brad77 »

Jim was a nice guy. When me and Kdeal and Rdeal attended the group ride a couple of years ago we met up with Jim and Kevin. Had breakfast that morning, then headed up to Majestic. The weather wasn't nice that weekend but we managed to get some riding in. We all stopped by the Walmart and bought some ponchos to attempt to stay dry (didn't work to well, LOL). Me and Jim and Kevin did hit some trails and had a blast. We took turns with follow the leader. Jim was still pretty quick on the quad I must say. He didn't mind lending a hand when needed either. Had talked to him a few times here on PM also.
Even though a lot of us on here have lots of miles in between us. We are not a large group so any tragedy like this hits close to home.
Will be praying for his wife and his family.
Rest in peace bro

r.porter

#6 Post by r.porter »

Prayers to the family!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Is true he was the kind of guy who is always there.Very softspoken,friendly and fun all at same time.Been thinking about him all day.He will be missed.I wish his family all the best.

dalewannbe

#8 Post by dalewannbe »

I'm sorry to hear this tragic news. Life is short. You never know what is going to happen.
Try to enjoy it and live it with no regrets.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

There is a link on this page I have provided to add a comment for Jim's family. I highly encourage any of you to post something to let his family know how special Jim was and that we care.
Thanks,
Ken

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cantonrep...p;pid=155143266

speed2424

#10 Post by speed2424 »

Words cannot express what the Wristons are going through. Kevin and I met Jim about 6 years ago. Kevin found out he had a Cannondale and wanted more information about them, that was the start of a great friendship. Jim was at our track on every Sunday when we had our rides, first to come and the last to leave. Jim would always lend a hand, a tool, or just advice. He always had a kind word for anyone and everyone. Jim would always say at the rides-Great day,Great food and Great friends. When Kevin lost his brother Tim in January, Jim was there for Kevin. We are truly going to miss him. I am glad to have known him and to call him our friend. They say God only takes the very best. RIP Jim