Check Parts Before Selling People

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Posting this as I have been getting stiffed alot lately from this forum and users selling parts. This is not directed at all as several I've dealt with were great sellers. However, some sellers have not checked parts and said they were good, were mistaken, or flat out lied in one case.

Bought +3 arms and got +1.
Moto axle in good condition was actually bent beyond safe use in my opinion.
Scavenge pump cover in good shape was cracked and not usable.
Rear shock just rebuilt with zero hours had a blown seal, zero fluid left, and looked to have sat a LONG time.
Good steering stem from a "new" takeoff was bent to the left noticeably.
Fully updated crank with Z bearing was completely stock and rod was no good.

The user with crank has refunded the cash but says Tim rebuilt it last year which I'm inclined to not believe. The stem seller made things right with a parts swap. The others I have either let slide for mistakes or taken as my fault for not checking and waiting a few months before actually installing them.

Regardless, all these instances could be avoides by simply checking what you're selling before you do. The axle i got actually wobbles on a flat ground roll quite badly which takes seconds to test. If you sold stuff like this on ebay you'd get negative feedback and ebay protection would refund the purchaser what they paid. Please be certain when listing items. Thank you.