Bought another Dale

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

My wifes birthday was today so I took her to the bike store as we had been told by the doc to get out and do more . Biking was one of the tasks. So while we are getting her set up I start talking to the saleman about how I would love to have a made in the USA Dale . They are a Dale dealer and he takes me in the back room/museum to check out this beast . It wasnt for sale but after some talk with the owner about how we have kept the motorsports side of things around( I showed him my Tattoo as proof) he said he would sell it to me . It is in almost new condition. They spent a couple hours with us setting up both our bikes and I came home with it. They even threw in a couple of Dale helmets and water bottles. Love the fox float shock. It works with my shock pumps for the quads. I still have the original seat but had to get something a bit more comfortable so a human could ride it.

Today is a good day. biggrin.gif

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Nice... My friends have said that they would commit me if got one of those but sooner or later a deal like that is probably going to happen! What year is it and how much if you dont mind me asking?

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

From the vintage cannondale web site I am guessing its a 2002 to 2005 jekyll. I will try to run the serial numbers . I paid $600 for it with a new seat, new helmet ,tire tube, Cannondale wrench and insulated water bottle thrown in. It is in perfect condition . No wear on anything. Even the Cannondale grips look exactly like ones on my 02 speed. He said it was 8 years old but wasnt sure. We went for a short ride tonight. Apparently unlike the motard you need to pedal these things to go forward. The throttle lever is for shifting. mad.gif The last time I owned a bicycle was a 1985 huffy 10 speed that was thrown in the trash when I got my drivers liscense. The full suspension is kind of a neat gimmick for a pedal bike. LOL