10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY THREAD

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

Here is a funny one for me anyways. Kdeal was messing around with a quad that wouldnt start and sitting right in front of it with the hood off facing it. I think he was playing with the D&M settings. I was cranking the engine listening for the weird sound it made.(cams were not timed correctly) Anyways on one of the crank cycles the engine let out a huge backfire boom with flame out the front of the airbox and hit Ken right in the face . It darn near blew him off his stool. He might have blown out some stool as well. Anyways the shock wave hitting him in the face is a priceless memory for me.
I just wish I had it on video. laugh.gif

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Ken should tell the one about him locking his keys in his truck at Kevins and how we got it open .

Reeve

#23 Post by Reeve »

Against the advice of all my friends I got into the madness and bought an 02 speed in spring 2009. Digging through the paperwork I found a bunch of south bay moto stickers and paperwork. My initial excitement turned to horror when I started reading the reviews. I don't ride too many hours but to this day I haven't been into the motor and it's still running strong. My speed always has some minor issues but as far as major mechanical failures it has outlasted all my friends big name quads. It has also been in two big time wrecks and came away with no damage other than broken plastics. My wild story is when my friend took it for a ride on a gravel logging road up in the mountains. He got over confident and instead of the quad drifting through a corner it bit traction and lightened the front end up enough to send it off the road. He bailed and grabbed onto a huge poison oak bush that eventually stopped him 20 feet down the slope. My speed continued cartwheeling down the hill another 75 feet where it hooked a 5" fir tree with the axle. It bent the tree over and came to rest hanging in mid air from the axle. The hill was so steep it took four people two hours with two come alongs and a chain to get it back on the road. I gave it a quick once over, fired it up and drove it two miles back to camp.

speedfreek

#24 Post by speedfreek »

From the picture it looks like the rear plastic got busted up again. I can't help but wonder how long your buddy was itching from the poison oak bush he landed in. ohmy.gif