How are the bikes selling?

JeffQuadShop

#1 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I have a chance to buy a 03 E440 for a really good deal that's rode very little. Has extra set of wheels, new plastics, D&M kit and a bunch of other stuff. How are these selling these days?

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I sold a fully updated 02 E440 with new top end though stock for $1500 a few months back. Plastics were rough and needed new fork seals/tires.

Another one I bought in 2011 was $1200 unupdated but it was brand new dealer leftover and came with a huge lot of spare parts that I'm still not through.

For reference.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Jeff@QuadShop @ Feb 25 2013, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a chance to buy a 03 E440 for a really good deal that's rode very little. Has extra set of wheels, new plastics, D&M kit and a bunch of other stuff. How are these selling these days?

Jeff,

Great to hear from another good 'ole KY boy again! biggrin.gif

Sad to say being a C'Dale bike only guy but the way i see whats happening is the bikes are running on a thin survival time frame now compared to the quads (as i have to also say that the C'Dale quad guys are truly the devoted C'Dale die hards and long term enthusiast of this special brand! tongue.gif laugh.gif ) and the bikes just dont have the resale value anymore as they did! (but i see that happening in every used off-road bike regardless of brand or year as coming from the powersports industry!), But as the C'Dale bike guys that own them and/or try to keep them going they seem to give up on them as far as the no knowledge of engines differences and updates needed if not done and expense and the bad mouthing about them from others and with no support from any local dealer or aftermarket parts companies out there other than the family members on this forum as far as help, parts, service etc...and also see several bike chassis parts availability for the later "E" framed style models running out, hard to find or even get which all leads in turn to they change hands a lot and then again sadly sooner or later get parted out! sad.gif , but there is still several C'Dale bike only guys out there and on here that will keep them and ride them out until the end....like myself! ;, but i will also say when i go riding either my Husky or another brand is also with me just in case something happens to keep me from not riding! ohmy.gif ) , but this above is just my opinion only of what i see happening...and you know what they say about that! rolleyes.gif, but you having a history with the brand know what to expect anyway! Ciao! MW

Back in your early Atv racing days do you remember a company called "Moto-Fast"?

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

QUOTE (promod @ Feb 25 2013, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back in your early Atv racing days do you remember a company called "Moto-Fast"?

Actually yes, I lived down there in Benton and worked for them for about 6 weeks. I had a full Moto-Fast Banshee that I raced too.

promod

#5 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Jeff@QuadShop @ Feb 25 2013, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually yes, I lived down there in Benton and worked for them for about 6 weeks. I had a full Moto-Fast Banshee that I raced too.

I thought so, i also worked for Jimmie for a long time after when he first made the move (which i helped him do!) from Lexington to Benton as i met him a few years prior in doing business with him while he still had a KTM & Cagiva dealership in Lexington!, i still live about 30 miles from himl, i talk to him all the time and just spoke to him just the other day in fact!...same old Jimmie still with big dreams! laugh.gif, he is different but can talk the talk and could/can bluff his way into anything and sell a knife to a snake and talk it into cutting its on head off and will the knife back to him! laugh.gif , but his dreams did get him a lot of publicity back then and of course distributorships for ITP, FMF, Keihin, DG, Hoosier and other stuff and we moved a lot of merchandise and he was really in the beginning of the internet thing and right at the time performance quads began!

I remember the Banshee mods and quads we did very well, single carb set-ups, two into one exhaust etc...., even though i was still a 2-wheel guy and quads still scare me to death as i just didnt grow up on them and never spent no time on them, but just a short down the street ride on a full blow banshee was enough for me and if you remember the street was very short!, in fact it was Elm street, and i wrote the article on the Moto-Fast banshee titled "Nightmare on Elm street" for Dirt Wheels back in the day...edited of course by them as they knew how to crunch it into a smaller article!, Jimmy tried to take credit of course for it as he had the connection with the magazine and turned it in...but he knows the truth and it was all in fun and we picked on each other hard about various things mainly my weird bike brand choices! wacko.gif, but Jimmie again was different and either you like him or hated him, but although we parted freinds..i moved on to better things in the industry because people like that you butt heads to much with and its not worth losing the freindship over! ohmy.gif , and later when i went into business for myself and sold Cannondales (and KTM's & Artic Cat) and became involved with C'Dale...dont even ask him his opinion on that or them! unsure.gif, and when he drops by my house and see's them he still asked...why!, but again he has always made fun of what i collect and ride!....even though he dont ride at all anymore and its probebly been over 20 years since he rode anything! tongue.gif

Small world!, So do you still have any C'Dale quads or stuff left from your C'Dale/ATK days or ever been into there bikes? Hope you end up with a C'Dale bike and help me preserve there excistence! wink.gif Ciao!, Mike

JeffQuadShop

#6 Post by JeffQuadShop »

QUOTE (promod @ Feb 25 2013, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought so, i also worked for Jimmy for a long time after when he first made the move (which i helped him do!) from Lexington to Benton as i met him a few years prior in doing business with him while he still had a KTM & Cagiva dealership in Lexington!, i still live about 30 miles from himl, i talk to him all the time and just spoke to him just the other day in fact!...same old Jimmy still with big dreams! laugh.gif, he is different but can talk the talk and could/can bluff his way into anything and sell a knife to a snake and talk it into cutting its on head off and will the knife back to him! laugh.gif , but his dreams did get him a lot of publicity back then and of course distributorships for ITP, FMF, Keihin, DG, Hoosier and other stuff and we moved a lot of merchandise and he was really in the beginning of the internet thing and right at the time performance quads began!

I remember the Banshee mods and quads we did very well, single carb set-ups, two into one exhaust etc...., even though i was still a 2-wheel guy and quads still scare me to death as i just didnt grow up on them and never spent no time on them, but just a short down the street ride on a full blow banshee was enough for me and if you remember the street was very short!, in fact it was Elm street, and i wrote the article on the Moto-Fast banshee titled "Nightmare on Elm street" for Dirt Wheels back in the day...edited of course by them as they knew how to crunch it into a smaller article!, Jimmy tried to take credit of course for it as he had the connection with the magazine and turned it in...but he knows the truth and it was all in fun and we picked on each other hard about various things mainly my weird bike brand choices! wacko.gif

Small world!, So do you still have any C'Dale quads or stuff left from your C'Dale/ATK days or ever been into there bikes? Hope you end up with a C'Dale bike and help me preserve there excistence! wink.gif Ciao!, Mike

Yep, sounds like the same Jimmy! LOL
I sold just about everything c-dale related that I had besides some shop manuals and a few other misc. small stuff. I still have the full custom graphics kit that was going onto my 05 ATK quad that I never installed since I stopped racing quads.
I did have a couple of Cannondale/ATK bikes (I was a dealer) that I played on.
Now I race bikes, haven't raced a quad in years.

speedfreek

#7 Post by speedfreek »

QUOTE (Jeff@QuadShop @ Feb 25 2013, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sold just about everything c-dale related that I had besides some shop manuals and a few other misc. small stuff. I still have the full custom graphics kit that was going onto my 05 ATK quad that I never installed since I stopped racing quads.

I have a Speed that could really use that graphics kit if you're interested in selling it.

Bvcracingcdale

#8 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

QUOTE (Jeff@QuadShop @ Feb 25 2013, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No more quad racing? I too have been riding mx bikes

How was the transition for you??

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

QUOTE (Bvcracingcdale @ Feb 25 2013, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No more quad racing? I too have been riding mx bikes

How was the transition for you??

I raced biked before quads so there really wasn't a transition.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Jeff if you have a line on one and pass let me know. I'm and in the market one... Sort of.