HANDLEBARS

Brad Oakley

#1 Post by Brad Oakley »

As l acquire more parts, l just became the proud owner of a pile of new handlebars! They are MAGURA MX bars (98A141). They appear to have been installed on the Glamis quads and the ER and C bike models.
I'll let you guys suggest a sales price for me - where you feel great about the deal and l don't feel totally ripped off.

Doing this from my cell phone. Will post a photo when back at my computer.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Are they 7/8 or 1 1/8?

Brad Oakley

#3 Post by Brad Oakley »

They are 1-1/8"

32" wide

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Brad Oakley @ Mar 14 2013, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are MAGURA MX bars (98A141). They appear to have been installed on the Glamis quads and the ER and C bike models.

From my inside conections back in the day...These ovesized fatbars were originaly intended to be used on the '03 ER/C & X440 bikes (although only shows use on the '03 ER/C models in '03 parts catalog but also along with 48mm Ohlins front foks instead of the 46mm units that they didnt specify that in parts catalog or brochures on either, but due to there running out of money they were using what they had left and never made it on the '03 X440's or that i ever seen on the '03 ER/C models, but if things got better for them both the Magura fatbars and 48mm Ohlins forks were planned to be used on the '04 X440 & other bike models along with a few other changes like oversized front brake rotors...but that never happened!, i am and was lucky enough though to get and still have two sets of brand new 48mm Ohlins forks with new style billet triple clamps set up for the fatbars still in the boxes from C'Dale right before the lockup, i really got 4 sets of the forks but used 2 of them on a few of my bikes!, and some bars and oversized front brake discs! wink.gif

Brad Oakley

#5 Post by Brad Oakley »

Cool info, Mike. But, remember, I'm not running a museum, I want to sell about 100 handlebars. Someone suggest a price that will get them sailing out my door!!! Is $20.00 apiece too much?

promod

#6 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Brad Oakley @ Mar 16 2013, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool info, Mike. But, remember, I'm not running a museum, I want to sell about 100 handlebars. Someone suggest a price that will get them sailing out my door!!! Is $20.00 apiece too much?

Come on Brad!...someone has to....i cant afford to keep trying to! laugh.gif . it was just FYI for where they came from and why!, i guess you with that many bars Magura hadnt shut them off yet on being a supplier from being pass due on account as many vendors had already done by that time! ohmy.gif , And that price it would be a hard for anyone to pass up that wanted Fatbars! as they would fit any make or model bike with the proper bar mounts!, if i didnt have several myself and a lot of Renthals TwinWall fats, i would grab some! unsure.gif

Bvcracingcdale

#7 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

I pmd you

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

$20 is more than fair!

If I weren't already in trouble for a set of Razr XC's just showing up on my porch, we'd be doing business! I will def add a set to the other parts we talked about in a few weeks. Now back to the dog house.

And, BUMP....

m_mcgranahan

#9 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Brad,

I really need a new pair of fat bars for my MX machine that have a higher bend and curve back to them. Do you know the other measurements to these that I could check against what I have and see if they would work?

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

Brad Oakley

#10 Post by Brad Oakley »

Since I don't speak fluent "handlebar-ese", Here are the numbers I can give you. When the bar is laid on a flat surface, the tips of the bar are 3" above the surface. That would indicate how far back the bars come from the clamps. I also measure 5" from the center of the bar to a line passing through the bar tips. That would indicate to me that the bar tips are 5" higher than the center of the clamping area.

I hope that makes some sense? My wife looked at me funny when I tried to explain what I was measuring, but she has always done that with me!